What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Fbs at 7am was 7.2 . On arrival at hospital, 3 hours after a light breakfast, it was up to 11.3. Retested after epidural/ spinal injection, expecting it to be even higher due to the steroid, and it was down to 7.6. Must have been the adrenalin due to my anxiety. Have been told my blood sugar levels will go up for the next few days so will need to monitor closely and adjust my diet even more than usual. Enjoy your week one and all.:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t posted my bloods for a while.
This morning, at early o’clock it was bang on 6. This was mainly due to all sorts of rubbish excuses yesterday; weather, traveling, bad company, odd socks, adverts mentioning chips, restless night, banana coloured pyjamas. Anyhow:
Went for a stagger round the park, hugged my kettlebells and had a sauna.
Checked again, 5.2, that’s more like it.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
You take care of yourself @dogslife. Although I only know you via a message board I imagine hoping other people have a good week whatever your own circumstances is par for the course for you.
Thank you for your kind words, ianspurs.:)

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning all. Fbs at 7am was 7.2 . On arrival at hospital, 3 hours after a light breakfast, it was up to 11.3. Retested after epidural/ spinal injection, expecting it to be even higher due to the steroid, and it was down to 7.6. Must have been the adrenalin due to my anxiety. Have been told my blood sugar levels will go up for the next few days so will need to monitor closely and adjust my diet even more than usual. Enjoy your week one and all.:)

Hope all goes well. Stay positive it'll drive the nurses crazy hehehehe.