Just being nosey - where is everyone from

autty44

Dislikes
opposite of the above lol
hi new here. im from rotherham south yorkshire..diagnosed type1 4 yrs ago..
finding it difficult to get a daily diet sorted at the moment... i just dont know what to have during the day and night time before bed..if anyone can help me plan a daily diet would be most grateful
thanks
mick :|

ally5555

mick - ask to see a dietitian.

Those who have seen my posts will know I am WELSH - from just ouside cardiff . And for my sins i am a Dietitian - but have an open mind!

I work for 2 Gp practices and also am a sports dietitian - so will be hooked to the tv for 2 weeks when the olympics and pararlympics are on as I have worked with quite a few of them!

I also have 3 teenagers, husband and a crazy black labrador!

COOL CYMRU !!

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Hi...I'm from Halesowen in the West Midlands. We're between the rain storms at the moment :roll:

sunnyh

Dislikes
feeling like I am not in control...that is my main pet peeve!!
I'm living in the Staffordshire area, but came here 8 years ago from Alaska. For diabetics, you can't be in a better place, or get better treatment. So, I'm very happy to be here!!

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi sunnyh
I was born and bred in Preston Lancs many moons ago lived in Leyland Lancs for several years and now reside in Clayton-le-Woods Chorley Lancs. Type 2 diet controlled and one of the 15-20% under weight diabetics.
Weather here is typical UK summer wet and miserable.

All the best Graham

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
It's a bit complicated for me. I was born in London, my first son was born in Colchester, then worked in Germany for 9 years, where my second son was born. We then moved to Luxembourg and worked there for 30 years. On retirement in 2001 we sold our house in Luxembourg and bought an olive farm in Spain. Decided that Spain was not for us so we sold up and moved back to Luxembourg 3 years to the day after we moved to Spain. We now live in a a very pleasant village not far from the Moselle River and amid the vineyards of the Moselle wine-growing region. Boy, am I glad I was living in Luxembourg when I was diagnosed in April this year.

sugar babe

Hi im from Sunderland. Been type 1 for 22years finding it very hard at the moment, as my nurse is off on long term sick. Iv just stopped breastfeeding so my levels is a bit all over. There is a replacement nurse but iv been with mine for 16 years and find it hard to talk to the new 1. She is lovely but mine knows everything about me just hope she gets well soon :?

scottishkate

Hi everyone,

As the name suggests I'm from Scotland - Edinburgh. However, I moved to London last month and am now looking for a new consultant - oh the joy! (If anyone can recommend one I'd be very grateful!)
Been type 1 for 17 years - I'm 26 now and not displaying any major complications. Just about to embark upon a low-carb regime so changing 17 years of the 'I need loads of carbs' mentality is going to be a bit of a challenge. Wish me luck!

Katie. :D

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I live in Morden, Surrey and work in London. However I am originally from Dymchurch in Kent and lived there until I was 18 but visit my folks there as often as I can. I miss the sea!

Louise

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Hi everyone im from liverpool insulin dependent since 1970

jacey

Hi. (why do I suddenly feel like someone at an AA meeting?? :? ) I live in Croydon. I have to go to my GP on Tuesday, following 2 blood tests, with readings of 8 (after fasting) this is all totally new and frightening to me, all I can think of is the worst. Is that normal? I recently lost a neighbour from diabetes, I know she used to drink alcohol quite a lot, Is that bad??? so many questions. I am so pleased, I found this site. There is just so much information, I felt I was drowning in it, So I hope people don't mind if I ask questions, rather than look everything up. Best get to bed now. Hope to talk to some of you soon :)

Cinders13

hi all. i'm just new here too. Type 2 diabetes for 13 years, on insulin for 7 years, and also on metformin. have fallen by the wayside and not controlled my sugar as well as i should have, but am doing so now so it's hypo after hypo...that'll serve me right :roll: hopefully in a week or so will get my insulin dose correct again.

I'm from Northern Ireland by the way!

Cinders :D

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
I'm from Manchester. Just joined tonight, though I've had Type 1 diabetes over 30 years. Anyone else on here using and insulin pump?

jacey

Got my Positive result today Type 2. I don't understand these different readings, scales, I've just been given the 'wee stix' at the moment. He said something about a reading being 68.9??? orr would it be 6.89??? Told not to eat sugar or fat (also have heart probs) what do I eat???? So much to learn, excuse panic :cry: