Medtronic 640g and Enlite CGM

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I'm wondering how many others are using this combination?
I have a serious connectivity problem and I'm wondering if that is normal?
The pump (640g) reports lost CGM transmitter connection over 25 times a month. The transmitter has been replaced, but no improvement.
I'm trying to determine if it's just me or normal behavior?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using it since late 2015. I've had very few alerts of lost connection and when I have, it comes back very quickly when I put my pump closer to the transmitter.

I had an alert in bed last week and think possibly I'd need lying on my pump, preventing successful transmission of "blood sugar".

I think what's happening to you is out of the ordinary, but others may have had different experiences.

donnieboy

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I get an occasional lost signal alert (maybe 3-5x month) but I'm on the 670G (US) and Guardian sensor combination.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Thanks.
It's still occurring. Maybe I'm just lucky:) I have noticed the meter frequently fails in communicating with the pump as well. I have been in contact with Medtronic. All I get is someone will get back to you... This excuse has now been going on for over 3 weeks and I have contacted different people at Medtronic. Unfortunately I live in Australia, where consumer protection laws are all but non existent and those laws that do exist are not enforced. So I will stop using the sensors so I at least get a good nights sleep.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Chowie - the meter and transmitter use the same frequencies - given that both are having issues, I'd suggest you get in touch with Medtronic about having the pump replaced. It doesn't sound like an Enlite/Guardian issue.

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
I make sure my sensor is attached properly again by clicking it together then go to sensor , connection and start connection and it takes 2 minutes and reconnects and works perfectly after without using any other of my sensors.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thanks.
It's still occurring. Maybe I'm just lucky:) I have noticed the meter frequently fails in communicating with the pump as well. I have been in contact with Medtronic. All I get is someone will get back to you... This excuse has now been going on for over 3 weeks and I have contacted different people at Medtronic. Unfortunately I live in Australia, where consumer protection laws are all but non existent and those laws that do exist are not enforced. So I will stop using the sensors so I at least get a good nights sleep.
Hi @ Chowie,
Fellow Aussie here. I am on an Animas pump but you may wish to report your problem to the Therapeutics Goods Administration of Health department. TGA assesses the medical devices used in Oz and I am sure would be interested in Medtronics slack response. Then telling the next Medtronic contact person that you have reported them might get them more interested in doing something. Good luck !!

Reactions: dancer

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
After a herculean effort, I finally got the pump replaced a few days ago! The evidence I had collected via photos on my phone. I dread to think what will happen if the pump fails, I guess it will be back to injections for a very long time.