Not coping :(

Richard0804

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't suffer fools gladly. I cant stand people who constantly go on about their illness or problems. Hey You're ill or have a problem. GET ON WITH IT. Don't bother me.
Dearest Suedaisy
I know where you are coming from, but just spare a thought for me, please.
Below is my list of conditions since 2000. As a result I take a minimum of 43 tablets per day, a minimum of 6 Injections per day, Extra tab. on Sat. Extra 4 Tabs. on Sun. Additional injection on a Friday Fortnightly and another Injection on a Mon. fortnightly.

I will not let the b******s beat me. Stay positive.

RICHARD 62 years old.

LIST OF CONDITIONS;

STREPTCOCCAL ERYTHEMA NODOSUM, 2001, STREP. BUG THAT ATTACKS EXTREMITIES, LOWER LEG AND FEET. HOSPITAL 16 DAYS.

ANKILOSING SPONDILITIS ARTHRITIS, 2002, FOUND DURING A WRIST OPERATION TO RELEASE PERITENDINITIS CREPITANS FOLLOWING ACCIDENT AT WORK. R.S.I. DISMISSED WHILST SICK. SIGNED OFF ON WHAT TURNED INTO PERMANANT SICK LEAVE, SINCE HAVE BEEN CLASSED AS DISABLED, I HAVE BLUE BADGE, MANY HELPING AIDS, WETROOM, STAIRLIFT, MOBILITY SCOOTER.

TYPE II DIABETES, 2007, TREATED WITH DIET AND TABLETS

SUSPECTED ANGINA, JULY 2008.

HEART ATTACK 1, 05 AUGUST 2008, 2 STENTS INSERTED. HOSPITAL 3 DAYS

HEART ATTACK 2, JULY 2009, 2 STENTS INSERTED. HOSPITAL 4 DAYS.

ACUTE ANTERIOR UVEITIS, (IRITIS) FIRST BOUT JULY 2011. RECURRING TWO/THREE TIMES PER YEAR.

OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEOA, MARCH 2012, WEAR MASK AT NIGHTS TO KEEP AIRWAYS OPEN DURING SLEEP.

ARTHROSCOPY, IN BOTH KNEES, FIRST KNEE 2013, SECOND 2014.

ANEMIC, JULY 2016 IRON DEFICIENCY, PRESCRIBED IRON TABLETS AND LATTERLY A LAXATIVE.

FROZEN SHOULDER RELEASE MAY 2016 (RIGHT) SUBSEQUENT PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR MANY MONTHS, BOTH AT THE RUH WITH CHRISTIANNE DELATOUR AND RNHRD WITH SOPHIE PARK.

COROANRY ANGIOGRAM, 09 NOVEMBER 2016, DIAGNOSIS MICRO VASCULAR ANGINA, SMALLVEINS DEEP IN MY HEART NARROWING.

ACUTE ANTERIOR UVEITIS, (IRITIS) JULY 2017- 1ST BOUT THIS YEAR, MORE TO COME.

BACTERIAL CONJUNCTIVITIS, SEPTEMBER 2017,BOTH EYES, ANTIBIOTICS 5 DAYS.

So you see Suedaisy Life is still worth living with diabetes.
Take Care Dear Friend
Kind Regards
Richard

Lmwsti

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing wrong with feeling down sometimes and cry. Just a way to get it out of your system.
Somebody else goes for a run, or sings too loud under the shower. Take a deep breath and try to think something nice. Hug your husband child , animal friend. Buy flowers, shoes dark choclate, music. All these things stay in your live.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @Suedaisy... Love your avatar. You know, bloodsugars running rampant can and will affect your mood. So it makes the trauma of being diagnosed that much worse. (And is is a trauma!) I've got a clinical depression going (have done all my life), and getting diagnosed made it that much worse. Just when my life'd become somewhat stable and dare I say, good, this got thrown in my face. After 25+ years of wanting to die, the irony was not lost on me that now, I'd have to work at hanging around and maintaining quality-of-life. I cried often, mostly out of rage and fear, but... I also read my butt off and got control of this disease through diet. The meds were gone after 3 months. It's been almost two years now, and just two nights ago I told my husband I wished all my illnesses were as "easily" managed as my diabetes... I know what will have an impact and how, what to do when whatever happens... The migraines, thyroid, heartmurmur, rheumatism, anxiety, depression and all the other cr** I have to deal with, give me little to no say. Not implying t2 is something to celebrate; what I mean is, this is something you CAN get some control over! I did it through a low carb/high fat and now Keto diet. Others choose medication, or a combination of the two. Whatever route you end up taking, you have a say in how this disease is handled. My blood sugar is in the non-diabetic range, the minor complications I had for years went away when my bs dropped. I thought my life was over, that at 37 at the time, I had one foot in the grave. I was wrong. You can fight this. You're not helpless. And people here stand with you. Learn, test, and gain control. It'll make your heart ache less.

Reactions: Petaluk

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was extremely depressed on diagnosis but then started the low carb diet! Have lost nearly 4 stone in 7 months, reduced blood sugars and blood pressure to normal - no mean feat at age 70. Still working full time - tied to a desk!
Feel much better lately I think for the weight loss but also that by being careful with food you can help the sugars which in turn alleviates the depression.
I do know what is lost just don’t let the bxxxxxxs get to you!

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diabetic nephropathy is diagnosed using tests that check for a protein (albumin) in the urine, which points to kidney damage. Your urine will be checked for protein (urinalysis) when you are diagnosed with diabetes.

An albumin urine test can detect very small amounts of protein in the urine that cannot be detected by a routine urine test, allowing early detection of nephropathy. Early detection is important, to prevent further damage to the kidneys. The results of two tests, done within a 3- to 6-month period, are needed to diagnose nephropathy.

When to begin checking for protein in the urine depends on the type of diabetes you have. After testing begins, it should be done every year.

Does a diet high in protein, like the Atkins diet produce protein in the urine?
I know you have to drink more fluid than usual on this type of diet - does this help if the above applies?

Thanks

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck Richard

Dearest Suedaisy
I know where you are coming from, but just spare a thought for me, please.
Below is my list of conditions since 2000. As a result I take a minimum of 43 tablets per day, a minimum of 6 Injections per day, Extra tab. on Sat. Extra 4 Tabs. on Sun. Additional injection on a Friday Fortnightly and another Injection on a Mon. fortnightly.

I will not let the b******s beat me. Stay positive.

RICHARD 62 years old.

LIST OF CONDITIONS;

STREPTCOCCAL ERYTHEMA NODOSUM, 2001, STREP. BUG THAT ATTACKS EXTREMITIES, LOWER LEG AND FEET. HOSPITAL 16 DAYS.

ANKILOSING SPONDILITIS ARTHRITIS, 2002, FOUND DURING A WRIST OPERATION TO RELEASE PERITENDINITIS CREPITANS FOLLOWING ACCIDENT AT WORK. R.S.I. DISMISSED WHILST SICK. SIGNED OFF ON WHAT TURNED INTO PERMANANT SICK LEAVE, SINCE HAVE BEEN CLASSED AS DISABLED, I HAVE BLUE BADGE, MANY HELPING AIDS, WETROOM, STAIRLIFT, MOBILITY SCOOTER.

TYPE II DIABETES, 2007, TREATED WITH DIET AND TABLETS

SUSPECTED ANGINA, JULY 2008.

HEART ATTACK 1, 05 AUGUST 2008, 2 STENTS INSERTED. HOSPITAL 3 DAYS

HEART ATTACK 2, JULY 2009, 2 STENTS INSERTED. HOSPITAL 4 DAYS.

ACUTE ANTERIOR UVEITIS, (IRITIS) FIRST BOUT JULY 2011. RECURRING TWO/THREE TIMES PER YEAR.

OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEOA, MARCH 2012, WEAR MASK AT NIGHTS TO KEEP AIRWAYS OPEN DURING SLEEP.

ARTHROSCOPY, IN BOTH KNEES, FIRST KNEE 2013, SECOND 2014.

ANEMIC, JULY 2016 IRON DEFICIENCY, PRESCRIBED IRON TABLETS AND LATTERLY A LAXATIVE.

FROZEN SHOULDER RELEASE MAY 2016 (RIGHT) SUBSEQUENT PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR MANY MONTHS, BOTH AT THE RUH WITH CHRISTIANNE DELATOUR AND RNHRD WITH SOPHIE PARK.

COROANRY ANGIOGRAM, 09 NOVEMBER 2016, DIAGNOSIS MICRO VASCULAR ANGINA, SMALLVEINS DEEP IN MY HEART NARROWING.

ACUTE ANTERIOR UVEITIS, (IRITIS) JULY 2017- 1ST BOUT THIS YEAR, MORE TO COME.

BACTERIAL CONJUNCTIVITIS, SEPTEMBER 2017,BOTH EYES, ANTIBIOTICS 5 DAYS.

So you see Suedaisy Life is still worth living with diabetes.
Take Care Dear Friend
Kind Regards
Richard