On my way to my appointment now. Butterflies in my stomach now, eeek

Reactions: Picci

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Congratulations and good luck. You will find it a great benefit, but it still takes work and discipline. I have had mine for almost 3 months and love it.

D

Deleted Account

How's it going?

I have had my pump for more than two years.
I think of it like a young child who I love but can be a pain at times and I can't leave him behind.
(It is definitely a "him".)

Reactions: Picci

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How's it going?

I have had my pump for more than two years.
I think of it like a young child who I love but can be a pain at times and I can't leave him behind.
(It is definitely a "him".)

It's going....okay. Yesterday was all fine, cannula went in fine, settings are all inputted. Already got the cannula snagged on the door handle so that was fun, luckily I caught before I pulled it out and all was working fine. This morning woke up with a hypo, 3.5, did myself breakfast and the pump told me not to do any insulin. Put my faith in it and I'm now 15 *sigh*

Reactions: porl69
D

Deleted Account

It's going....okay. Yesterday was all fine, cannula went in fine, settings are all inputted. Already got the cannula snagged on the door handle so that was fun, luckily I caught before I pulled it out and all was working fine. This morning woke up with a hypo, 3.5, did myself breakfast and the pump told me not to do any insulin. Put my faith in it and I'm now 15 *sigh*
Aaaah - the trials and tribulations of getting your settings tweaked. It will take some time to settle down and, depending on the basal you used to inject, you may still have some in your body: I was told Lantus can take about 4 days to completely clear.
I hope you get it sorted soon.
Remembering to tuck your tube in should become second nature.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @jimmysmith I still catch my tubing every once in a while, it doesn't cause an issue though as it's anchored to my tum. The most surreal feeling for me was when the pump would fall out of the belt and dangle in mid air, I can laugh now but I think it's the closest I am ever going to feel to being disembowelled..

Keep us updated with your progress, will be keen to see how you get on.

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I'm down to 8.8 now which is good. I can see myself hypoing again though as I panicked a little and did an injection. Everything is going stellar lol

Reactions: Picci and Chas C
D

Deleted Account

The most surreal feeling for me was when the pump would fall out of the belt and dangle in mid air,
That happened to me once when I was climbing. That was very surreal for me and frightening for my belayer.
I take more care tucking it in when climbing after that.

Reactions: Picci and Chas C

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I'm down to 8.8 now which is good. I can see myself hypoing again though as I panicked a little and did an injection. Everything is going stellar lol
Hi jimmysmith I was thinking of you on your start day. My start day is still very fresh in my mind. Hope you are slowly getting used to it. I'm over the moon with my pump, I've only been on the Insight since 5th March but it feels like forever!
Good luck
Christine

Reactions: jimmysmith

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi jimmysmith I was thinking of you on your start day. My start day is still very fresh in my mind. Hope you are slowly getting used to it. I'm over the moon with my pump, I've only been on the Insight since 5th March but it feels like forever!
Good luck
Christine
Awww thanks. Finding it hard to describe how I'm feeling to be honest. But it's a very positive feeling.
Went out tonight with my mum and stepmum so expecting my bloods to be a little out of wack for a bit but today has been really good