What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To my shame I’ve never read that poem: I did science A levels, not that that’s any excuse. It’s lovely.
When examining sputum smears for the presence of tubercle bacilli using fluorescence microscopy, they shine like golden stars in the night sky!
Quite amazing to look at.
So you have discovered that poem and I have discovered the science behind diagnosing TB. This is truly an educational experience and all started by our ramblings about wine/alcohol:joyful:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer Burns :)

"Let other poets raise a fracas
"Bout vines, an' wines, an' drucken Bacchus,
An' crabbit names an'stories wrack us,
An' grate our lug:
I sing the juice Scotch bear can mak us,
In glass or jug.

In full - http://www.robertburns.org/works/84.shtml

I’ve never read this poem either @mick 1959 Could have been written for my husband.
We are learning such a lot this morning, and we still have a glass of wine or a wee dram to look forward to this evening. Happy day

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
all sounds like gargling when you are into a quaff. :woot:
upload_2018-4-25_12-37-24.png

Oh, a quaff;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, I have seen several mentions of a fasting group or thread. Please could someone post me a link so I can join in the Fun(g):woot:

Reactions: Cumberland

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning or Evening everyone, 4.6 this afty when I got up, a "nice" blip of 18.4 last night at two in the morning, my body officially doesn't like night shifts any more!! I had my post op check up today, and not a happy bunny, got too big a difference between the vision in my eyes "that can't be left like that" as they said, but what are you doing about it? we will write a letter and see you in another six weeks!!!!! and we might know what to do by then!!!! Cue the fun and games !!!

Take care everyone

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning or Evening everyone, 4.6 this afty when I got up, a "nice" blip of 18.4 last night at two in the morning, my body officially doesn't like night shifts any more!! I had my post op check up today, and not a happy bunny, got too big a difference between the vision in my eyes "that can't be left like that" as they said, but what are you doing about it? we will write a letter and see you in another six weeks!!!!! and we might know what to do by then!!!! Cue the fun and games !!!

Take care everyone
Hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later johnpol x