Post op Caract review

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I had my scheduled review today of my left eye, didn't go as planned as they have found some vessels growing on my retina in my left eye(the one operated on) and the difference in my vision from the non operated eye to the one operated on is too big apparently, but because of the still active retinopathy in my right eye I am in limbo as to what they are going to do.
I have been told that I can't be left with the discrepancy in my eyes and should be sorted out as a matter of urgency, but as in their words "you aren't half complicated aren't you" so am no further forward of what is going to be done. sorry for the rant, it just seems a bit un joined up, one minute going to get my right eye done to now not getting it done, but we can't leave you like this!!! Ah well if you don't laugh, you would cry, lets see what tomorrow brings eh! (lot's more headaches I bet eyes who needs 'em, oh that'll be me)

Apologies for ranting

Take care everyone.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am no expert, but I had new capilliary growth in both eyes following my second stroke, as a direct result of the stroke and not diabetic complication. They treated both eyes with laser ablation by zapping the peripheral areas of the eye, So I frighten the girls in specsavers by presenting them with a moonscape in the annual retinopathy check, but my eyes have been stable ever since, so no need for any further zapping. Some minor loss of field of vision, and some loss of nighttime sensitivity

Now old age has caught up on me, and I have surrendered my driving licence, and may not get it back since I too have cataracts, and am awaiting surgery.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am no expert, but I had new capilliary growth in both eyes following my second stroke, as a direct result of the stroke and not diabetic complication. They treated both eyes with laser ablation by zapping the peripheral areas of the eye, So I frighten the girls in specsavers by presenting them with a moonscape in the annual retinopathy check, but my eyes have been stable ever since, so no need for any further zapping. Some minor loss of field of vision, and some loss of nighttime sensitivity

Now old age has caught up on me, and I have surrendered my driving licence, and may not get it back since I too have cataracts, and am awaiting surgery.
I Had a small stroke just under three years ago, but the retinopathy is definitely due to my diabetes, have had seven bouts of laser now, with another one possibly in may when I go back, oh the joys of diabetes.