Hba1c

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I was diagnosed type 1 in september, and now it’s April and i got my hba1c back today and it was 64. In november (2 months after diagnosis) it was 88 so it’s gone down but I feel like I could’ve done better (in the 50s). I know it’s still fairly early days for me but I still feel like it should be lower

Reactions: Ndaud606 and Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Over 20 points between tests is great! It is going in the right direction, keep up the good work.

Reactions: Freema
D

Deleted Account

A drop of 20 whilst you are learning how to manage your diabetes (to be honest, we are always learning but the learning curve is steepest at the start) and you diabetes team are working out the best doses for you at the same time as you are in the honeymoon period, is great.
And you have something to build on next time

Reactions: Freema

Ndaud606

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I was diagnosed type 1 in september, and now it’s April and i got my hba1c back today and it was 64. In november (2 months after diagnosis) it was 88 so it’s gone down but I feel like I could’ve done better (in the 50s). I know it’s still fairly early days for me but I still feel like it should be lower
Tbh being a newly diagnosed, you're doing really well. Im a type 1 for 6 years now and my Hba1c has shot to 83 from the 60's and it's very stressful when your diabetes doctors and nurses just sit and wuestion you and tell you off and all im tryin to do is make it better. Keep up the good work you're doing well.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't stress too much right now - they prefer to bring newly diagnosed people down slowly anyway. Too much of a shock for your body otherwise.

What sort of readings are you getting on your meter? If you feel your hba1c doesn't tally with your meter then worth a libre for a month to see when you're getting high??

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well you are making progress! Headed in the right direction, so that's something to be pleased about. And even when you get perfect HbA1cs there is still the feeling that you are not good enough or could have done better, it's normal. Anyway that is still a decent result so nothing to panic over. Let us know how you're doing!