Ketones 4.1

Reactions: flexi06

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
OK 24 hrs up. At 4.5 from 5.4 fasting and keytones were .7. Obviously not up with the big boys and girls but at least I have got to hang out with the cool kids.
This is all top table stuff, if you maintained this all the time that would be a HbA1c of 25.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone. I was taken out for a surprised belated birthday lunch by hubby. I didn't want to worry him about my fasting.
He bought me a huge piece of cake in the restaurant which goes against fasting and low carbing so I've aborted this fast, this time. So sorry. My fbg was 6.6 this morning too. Humf!
I guess I'd best tell him for next one. :( but I'm delighted with his surprise, very thoughtful. Just like him. His timing is awful. Ha ha
I now realise where birthday boy gets it from. ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
woo hooo!

48 hours in

BG 4.0
Ketones 3.7

getting close to the nirvana of 1.0 on the GKI (glucose ketone index)

Just had a snooze for an hour.. v odd for me.. time for another creamy coffee.

Reactions: flexi06 and rom35

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
woo hooo! 48 hours in
Great work mate.

So glad I didn't send round that matching set of his and his edible underwear with fresh cream and cherries for Xmas it may have proved too much of a temptation over the last couple of days. :D
:bag:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Posting data for the day. Just had a tea with double cream and added Himalayan salt as slightly light headed. Seems to have done the trick.

Really helpful to be sharing the experience. Thanks to all.

Attachments

• 8F2AF451-60D8-4E37-9F84-5AC3D9ECF9AB.jpeg
    8F2AF451-60D8-4E37-9F84-5AC3D9ECF9AB.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 418

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Posting data for the day. Just had a tea with double cream and added Himalayan salt as slightly light headed. Seems to have done the trick.

@Goonergal That is an amazing data set - you must be totally chuffed with yourself. Pilates, fasting - you deserve your success for going all in on this, Total admiration.

Last edited:

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
woo hooo!

48 hours in

BG 4.0
Ketones 3.7

getting close to the nirvana of 1.0 on the GKI (glucose ketone index)

Just had a snooze for an hour.. v odd for me.. time for another creamy coffee.
what is GKI?

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse

very good

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow down in the 3's.. impressive..

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s 22.30 and I’m supping a hot drink remembering what my evenings were like over ten years ago, and for many years, when I was addicted to carbs but now I can quite happily sit here feeling slightly peckish and utterly ignore the desire to eat. I’ve got a bag of biltong I’d forgotten about and that rhubarb calling me!

I recall the 30 years it took for my dad to slowly rot away with T2 on his high carb, Doctor driven diet and the plethora of medications, heart attacks and surgeries. It’s not going to happen to me dad, I promise.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's work finished for today!

BG hasn't risen above 5.4 all day, final reading for tonight is 5.2
Increased my water to nearly 3.5L today and reduced coffee to two large cups.
Hard to believe it's 42 hours already, I think I'm going to push on to Friday night as I don't feel a lot is happening yet. Wish I more interesting news.

Well done everyone :happy:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last readings for today 50 hours in

BS 4.1
Ketones 4.2

Had a coffee with cream at 8.30 and just back from walking the dog..
oddly I have had 3 poos today which considering nothing has gone in is quite surprising..! Maybe TMI but hey we're all friends here...

Also every time I open the fridge door I see the 5 pound pack of bacon that awaits the end of this fast.. but so far have left it alone. Sweet dreams all and lets see what tomorrow brings..
Fast strong fellow fasters!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
ok 48hrs completed time for bed.......

Some Data from last two days..... hopefully my new keto sticks arrive tomorrow as Im all out now :(

Feeling good will continue on and see what happens. Big weigh in tomorrow morning!

Attachments

• blood-sugar-log.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 400

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
OOOOOH it feels good to be back in the saddle again of doing 16/8! I'm still a "toddler" with the fasting thing, but doing my part:) BS this morning 6.3 and 6.2 before my noon meal - I did have a bullet coffee with my pills in the a.m. Tonight 5.1 before dinner. Kitchen is closed! Well done all!! And for all you cheering on thanks! I liked the post about being able to hang out with the cool kids!! It's never too late to join in!! Cheers/L