Medtronic account problems

Reddy0370

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just started pump 3 weeks ago and still cannot order supplies, every time I call Medtronic they say they don’t have funding form from nhs tayside when you contact nhs they say they have done everything. Anyone else had problems getting an account set up. Thanks

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe talk to your diabetes nurse? (Or if you had the chance, your pump educator or diabetes educator) as they have probably seen lots of patients with this issue. When I was trying to get funding approved (for my Animas) they helped me a lot

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Reddy0370 yes it is your DSN who needs to sort this out for you.

eabhamurphy

I had this problem exactly. To the point where I ran out of supplies (the hospital had given me another box at set up appointments but it wasnt the right set and I didn't realise until the morning I was meant to change)
I contacted my Medtronic rep and he told me to go to the hospital to get some infusion sets. He then got on the case with the diabetes nurses. It was sorted the following week.
In short - your DSN need to contact Medtronic case the funding information they say they have sent. Frustrating.
My case was different they said because I was given the pump at such short notice and it had initially been allocated to a different patient in the clinic so apparently that confused and delayed things.

Reddy0370

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies, I have registered with Medtronic website and Eshop but it says that they are reviewing the account and while this is done you cannot purchase or order supplies, I did get another supply of reservoirs and infusion sets on Monday which will keep me going, it’s just frustrating you are asked to commit to the pump and the pre meetings and all the others you must attend yet the health board can’t get your accounts up and running it’s nit just me assume there’s 3 in our group.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Reddy0370 have you spoken to your DSN? I know the NHS is telling you the account is set up but it's the DSN who needs to actually get it set up (it might be the hospital or the CCG has signed of everything to get it set up but the sign off hasn't actually been sent to Medtronic. It's your DSN who needs to sort this out for you, and everyone else on your pump start. And your DSN is going to need to keep you supplied with consumables while the account is sorted out.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Reddy0370 Agree with @catapillar It's your DSN who needs to sort this out for you, it's not a medtronic issue, it's all part of the process of getting access to funding for your supplies which will allow Medtronic to supply you so speak to your DSN who should be able to sort this out for you.

Russem

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had the very same problem with Glasgow health board and also ran out of supplies so I contacted my DSN and she gave me some supplies to keep me going and also go on to the health board to say I needed my supplies urgently and it was sorted out and received my order within 2 days. Hope you get it sorted quickly through your DSN