What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening everyone :)

was 4.4 this morning, I'm late posting today because I left the house in a rush and have just got home. Plenty of exercise today, but also plenty of food ;) (mainly low carb), so we will see how that works out.
Have a pleasant evening all :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Good morning Diabetes Massive. It is a bright sunny day here in the fens. 5.2 this morning so control of a kind.
Firstly. @Goonergal has set the standard very high so a challenge lies ahead for me. @HarrisonK your numbers are amazing for the stage you are at and by doing this you are laying strong foundations for the future. No building lasts without good foundations and many take a long time to get out of the ground. @Mbaker you continue to inspire me and as Frampton said show me the way! I hung out with the cool kids for 24 hrs and learned loads (who knew about the GKI) so I am up for a proper trial once I resolve 2 issues.
Thanks Ian, it's cyclical I can assure you. I think we all build up a picture of all the posters and care how they get on.

Reactions: DJC3 and Cumberland

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @HarrisonK, you may already know this stuff but here is what I do during a fast to keep in the right mood.
Evening - a glass of water 20 minutes before bed with a quarter teaspoon of Cream of Tartar and a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar. This adds potassium and may help lower blood sugars and cut out any liver dump during the night.

Green tea during the day - I use Tulsi holy basil tea but green tea is good. I just put a teaspoon into an old tea ball and drop it into a mug of boiling water - sip throughout the day - or make a flask up.
Coffee - good strong black kofee - I make mine in a cafetie cos I am old fashioned but still very posh. I have one only and at mid morning.

To keep up all those salts that you need during a fast then here is a recipe for a drink that will use the minerals from your last meal and keep up levels of potassium, magnesium and salt balance:
About 300ml water - from the tap is as good as anywhere.
Add the following;
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Quarter to half teaspoon cream of tartar - massive amounts of potassium
Half a teaspoon sea salt for minerals and cell water balance or better still pink Himalayan salt as it has more minerals in it
Juice of 1 lime - but only if you are intermittent fasting as it would break a long fast.

Oh, a good way to break a fast is scrambled egg with raw baby spinach folded in and an anchovies melted in if you can stand it.

Good luck.

Excellent, thank you. I shall use this for the next fast (as this one is drawing to a close soon). I really appreciate it and I love anchovies :)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning gang, 7.0 again this morning, hmmm I have increased hrt dose so will look into this as no other resin I can think of ( although I was awake for a while before I tested) have a great day y’all xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all have a great friday
IMG_20170929_062630_536.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies, Gentlemen and all other genders and species. Whoops sorry forgot footy the ball fans again.
A gentle 7.4 from me this morning.

The BBC'S work of science fiction and fantasy ie the weather forecast is predicting rain all day, therefore it could be a catch up on indoor tasks for me today.

Have a good one all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning Diabetes Massive. 4.6 this morning 35.5 hrs into fast with only double cream in tea and coffee. Currently on camomile tea so hope this doesn't wreck it. Who knew there was an egg fast diet? Very interesting read if only for recipes. https://lowcarbyum.com/egg-fast-diet-plan-recipes-weight-loss/
@Goonergal your stats will take some matching but I aim to give this another 24 hrs so end about now (6.40) Saturday morning @ 60 hrs.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK you are really giving this (fasting) a go as well. Keep going but only do just enough for a first time and just remember your only reference point is yourself at diagnosis!

Thanks @ianpspurs, I know I have to rein myself in now, but there is next time to look forward to. I am more than happy knowing I can do this.