Type 2 Snacks in between meals?

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi ,
I was wondering which foods are good to have between meals usually I have to take almost a gap of 3hours between meals but during the 3hour gap sometimes I feel pretty hypoglycaemic so i was looking for some low carb snacks that I could have in between my meals.Any suggestions???

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
avocado, coconut, nuts in general, cheese sticks , olives , cellery sticks with peanut butter or creme cheese, cucumber, cherry tomatos, tea , half a handfull of berries with cream or fullfat yoghurt, eggs with mayo, shrimps, a glass of water with some lemon juice, a piece of ham, half or a quarter of a Lidl protein roll with butter or cheese, 95% chokolate a little piece, coffee with cream, a little glass of whisky, or a little glass of red wine

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ,
I was wondering which foods are good to have between meals usually I have to take almost a gap of 3hours between meals but during the 3hour gap sometimes I feel pretty hypoglycaemic so i was looking for some low carb snacks that I could have in between my meals.Any suggestions???

You feel pretty hypo, or you test and you are hypo? There is a difference. With only 3 hour gap, there should be no reason to snack, especially if you need to give your poor pancreas a rest.

Reactions: Altaf_7

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Many of us, who are on a low carb diet, feel no need for snacks anymore, so I wonder if you are having too many carbs at meal times, causing rises and falls in your sugar and insulin levels. When you say you feel "pretty hypoglycaemic" have you actually measured your blood sugar levels?
But, to answer your question: cheese, nuts, cream in coffee, a pre-cooked (good quality) sausage, hard boiled egg, pork scratchings, very small piece of 85% dark chocolate.
Sally

Reactions: Altaf_7 and dbr10

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Three hours is quite a short time really. What happens during the time you are sleeping for 6-8 hours at night?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tested your blood sugar to check what your levels actually are when you feel hypoglycaemic? If you actually are hypo, then a low carb snack isn't the best thing to have to treat a hypo. To treat a hypo you need 10-15g of fast acting carbs, followed by at least 10g of complex carbs.