Set change

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just done my first set change. Think everything gones okay, made a few slip ups with forgetting to take the paper of the adhesive and then forgot to take the cap of the needle. All in now though and monitering my blood, which is already high.

Reactions: Picci

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Great Job. It gets much easier and faster. Hint I don't remove the old set and don't touch the pump until I filled the new reservoir and inserted the new set and unclip. Change over then only takes 30 seconds.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just done my first set change. Think everything gones okay, made a few slip ups with forgetting to take the paper of the adhesive and then forgot to take the cap of the needle. All in now though and monitering my blood, which is already high.
I vividly remember my first set change, I guarantee it becomes second nature, and I'm only 7 weeks in. Good luck

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When you do a set change remember to prime the cannula, also some pumpers (me included) go slightly higher after a set change. I often add around 0.5 units extra after a set change to cover this but only if my BG's are rising pre-change or over 6.5 ish.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck! I remember doing my first few set changes, didn't make any mistakes but there's always that feeling that maybe something's gone wrong. Keep us updated how you're going with it!