1.9 legs gone to jelly

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
On Friday at school at breaktime at 10:39 I had a 1.9 hypo I was out sitting the bench but when we normally have a low I git dizzy and nearly faint so I went in side today the wall lent against the wall slid down I was weak I couldn’t get back I just about had enough energy to keep my arms, hands moving and my eyes open I was scared I hand my friends with me it started to rain outside and everyone was coming and going to lesson one of my friends got our head of while I was trying my best to treat my low and stay awake the kept me on the floor untill a wheelchair got the me my friends stayed with until they were told to leave I was help into the wheelchair but it was like I was frozen from the legs down my mum was called and she cane and got me 12:00 ( she couldn’t get off work till then as she works in a prison ) I was taken care of but I’m still weak and uneasy on my legs when I stand up I have to take a minute to get used to the change but I’m scared when I go back to school it will happen again I’ve had lows in the 1s before but never ever have my legs gone to jelly like that. I’m scared and confused and weak

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
That's natural to feel weak after a bad hypo keep an eye on things as one hypo makes another more likely.
You have great friends.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No offence, but you don't need to report everything. I have a low, I have a high, my eyes are twitching. Again I mean no offence and sorry if I do.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
No offence, but you don't need to report everything. I have a low, I have a high, my eyes are twitching. Again I mean no offence and sorry if I do.
This sounds like a particularly scary one, with legs going to jelly like that. I’d want advice if that happened to me for the first time :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I hope you are feeling a little better now, it is scary and I think many have been through similar, I know I have. Take care x

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It's a recently diagnosed school age kid. This might have been the pop's first bad hypo. No one likes hypos and this sounds rough. I think the op and friends did a great job in this case.

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1

I was scared and people like YOU 22nw22 make me feel worse if you have nothing nice to say or help then don’t say anything

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On Friday at school at breaktime at 10:39 I had a 1.9 hypo I was out sitting the bench but when we normally have a low I git dizzy and nearly faint so I went in side today the wall lent against the wall slid down I was weak I couldn’t get back I just about had enough energy to keep my arms, hands moving and my eyes open I was scared I hand my friends with me it started to rain outside and everyone was coming and going to lesson one of my friends got our head of while I was trying my best to treat my low and stay awake the kept me on the floor untill a wheelchair got the me my friends stayed with until they were told to leave I was help into the wheelchair but it was like I was frozen from the legs down my mum was called and she cane and got me 12:00 ( she couldn’t get off work till then as she works in a prison ) I was taken care of but I’m still weak and uneasy on my legs when I stand up I have to take a minute to get used to the change but I’m scared when I go back to school it will happen again I’ve had lows in the 1s before but never ever have my legs gone to jelly like that. I’m scared and confused and weak
Wow that's really scary! I've never been anywhere near that low, and couldn't imagine how it feels! Are you feeling better now? Take some time to rest, and do something relaxing (not homework! That can wait till you're over the shock of it all). If you are scared of it happening again, maybe you could stay home tomorrow with someone to help you (parent? older sibling? another family member?) and make sure you test often during the morning.

The forum is here so people can share their experiences and ask for advice.

Reactions: Diakat
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Wow that's really scary! I've never been anywhere near that low, and couldn't imagine how it feels! Are you feeling better now? Take some time to rest, and do something relaxing (not homework! That can wait till you're over the shock of it all). If you are scared of it happening again, maybe you could stay home tomorrow with someone to help you (parent? older sibling? another family member?) and make sure you test often during the morning.

The forum is here so people can share their experiences and ask for advice.

I concur.