What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Madam has had a good little run of 5s over the last 3 days and gave 5s all day yesterday so I feel or rather felt good
Yep, up a tadge 6.5
Why I wonder was it the G&Ts?
I won't eat until lunch.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all although I fear the world is going to hell in the proverbial handcart. FBG a ludicrous 5.7 and 2 days running 8 hrs+ sleep. Lawnmower man seems to have left the planet and lawns looking like elephant grass. Won't someone think of the poor children?:dead:
@DJC3 Mayhap we start tomorrow as I now remember today is my swimming lessons for incompetent wrinklies day. The heart rate thing is how I judge all exercise. You max is 220 minus age and moderate exercise is 55 to 70 percent. Reach that for 20 to 30 mins per day. HIIT is 30 second bursts at max or as near as poss for a few times with rests or much lower intensity in between. Research suggests 2 to 3 times HIIT a week impacts bg levels well. Best One on the bike is called sprint 8. I use this now and used it intially in 2015 to get bg and weight down.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Madam has had a good little run of 5s over the last 3 days and gave 5s all day yesterday so I feel or rather felt good
Yep, up a tadge 6.5
Why I wonder was it the G&Ts?
I won't eat until lunch.

Hope it wasn’t Fever Tree tonic? I’ve fallen foul of their ‘naturally light’ one. Around 6g carbs per bottle if I remember. Very frustrating!

Your numbers are always good though so I’m sure you’ll be back in the 5s in a flash.
Like you said - it’s only a number.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hope it wasn’t Fever Tree tonic? I’ve fallen foul of their ‘naturally light’ one. Around 6g carbs per bottle if I remember. Very frustrating!

Your numbers are always good though so I’m sure you’ll be back in the 5s in a flash.
Like you said - it’s only a number.
Never touch the muck @DJC3

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all although I fear the world is going to hell in the proverbial handcart. FBG a ludicrous 5.7 and 2 days running 8 hrs+ sleep. Lawnmower man seems to have left the planet and lawns looking like elephant grass. Won't someone think of the poor children?:dead:
@DJC3 Mayhap we start tomorrow as I now remember today is my swimming lessons for incompetent wrinklies day. The heart rate thing is how I judge all exercise. You max is 220 minus age and moderate exercise is 55 to 70 percent. Reach that for 20 to 30 mins per day. HIIT is 30 second bursts at max or as near as poss for a few times with rests or much lower intensity in between. Research suggests 2 to 3 times a week impacts bg levels well. Best One on the bike is called sprint 8. I use this now and used it intially in 2015 to get bg and weight down.

Ok See you here tomorrow! Thanks for the advice re heart rate, I will have a bash this morning but I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up ( one leg is still feeble, lacking in nerves, muscles and blood supply after heavy duty surgery last year) but every journey starts with a single step eh? Or pedal in this case.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok See you here tomorrow! but I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up ( one leg is still feeble, lacking in nerves, muscles and blood supply after heavy duty surgery last year) but every journey starts with a single step eh? Or pedal in this case.
@DJC3 Atta girl. Legs eh, I feel for you. Mine had needles stuck in the muscles last week to test nerves in case of muscle wasting problems. Tests said not that which was a bit of a relief. Now MRI scan needed so presumably to check my back or worse. Dr google gives too many ideas :banghead:
Edit: Did rule out neuropathy and CMT so some gain from the pain.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Atta girl. Legs eh, I feel for you. Mine had needles stuck in the muscles last week to test nerves in case of muscle wasting problems. Tests said not that which was a bit of a relief. Now MRI scan needed so presumably to check my back or worse.Dr google gives too many ideas :banghead:
Edit: Did rule out neuropathy and CMT so some gain from the pain.

Mischief managed! Feeling very virtuous now and off to take the confused mutt out.
Hope your swimming lesson goes well. Should be good for your legs too.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

raking up after strimming yesterday in our 'garden' and probably a bit of raking up at mum's today if it keeps dry ;) The exercise has got to be good for us, at least that's what I'm telling my creaky muscles. Might even get a walk in with her little dog :)