What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 7.2 today but it was very high after dinner 8.4- this was due to inadvertently having 100g of carbs yesterday!!!! Not vigilant enough! Ok keep on trucking. Must do better and get back doooowwwwwnnnn. See u all at the lower end. X

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to the fine folk on this forum and everywhere else.

My Lady Vampira tasted my bg of 5.9 today, and I am very pleased, considering I indulged a little last night, in celebration, and enjoyed a large bowl of fresh fruit and double cream late in the evening, along with a very fine single malt.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to the good people of diabetesland. My fbg at 5.45 was 4.8 which is ok in the bigger picture. Wouldn't cut mustard in Trumpworld so I am sending bodyguards to raid my GP's surgery and forcing him to rewrite all my records forthwith.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 for me have a great day all
FB_IMG_1525237246077.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Have to leave home early today for a long day at work.

Blood sugars were 5.1 today.

@Mick1959 -- Congrats, wonderful results. Well done you! Deserved after the hard work you put in.
@flexi06 -- Great progress -- your results next time will be way better if your fasting numbers are anything to go by.
@Goonergal -- I see the same thing. Too much protein, especially at night, and I see higher fasting numbers.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies , Gentlemen and those of an indeterminate gender. I think that covers most , if not, tough go buy a boat and paddle your own canoe.

A low 6.6 from me this morning. If my figures were as low as some of you are striving for ie low 4's I would be back in the Q.E. hospital in Birmingham.
Question for people without other medical conditions is not approximately 4 getting near hypo territory ?

Have a good one folks. I hope to, too, two take your pick. xxx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now 2 hrs since fbg taken and 30 mins moderate exercise on board 4.9. One swallow does not make a summer but very encouraging signs that I may be able to deal with IF's morning kick in the whatsits. @DJC3 hope you have such good impact but nurse that leg. @alf_Josiah I think it is all personal as regards how low you can go and still function fine. When fasting the numbers for most of us came down to the 3s and all was well but others maybe wouldn't thrive there.

Last edited: