Perfect World Ice cream

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks good looking at ingredients it’s the polyols which include xylitol and erythritol which give a nominal higher carb content but most of it is indigestible like fibre so doesn't count so it’s the lower figure that counts I believe not the higher one may look at price and give it a try I have oppo ice cream at moment and like it - this looks similar.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have some low carb ‘sweets’ that contain polyols, they don’t seem to affect my blood sugars but you have to be careful as too much polyol can have a laxative effect :wideyed:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Watch out for those sugar alcohols - I ate some Atkins bars quite some time ago - never again - I thought I was going to become geography, my insides expanded so much with the party going on in my gut.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I tried the Perfect Worlds.

Choc = ok
Pecan caramel = good
Carrot cake = pretty dire

:)

Edited to add: no digestive impact whatsoever, so don't cry off something till you have tried it out.
I find that stevia, xylitol and erythritol (which are used in Perfect World) have no gut impact at all for me, whereas the horrible chemically ones such as maltitol are best avoided.

There are huge differences between different sweeteners, and just because someone has a problem with one, two or three of them doesn't give any info about whether they will have a problem with others.

Last edited:

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you want some graphic descriptions of the side effects of polyols - read the amazon.com entry on sugar free ***** bears - particularly the customer feedback.

domforr

Yes, I've had similar experiences with the sugar free chocolates and sweets. Seems to be a bit of a digestive minefield.

Reactions: Prem51

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Erythritol causes me digestive upset, because I get constipated due to eating less volume of food than my gut is used to pre DX, I put it in black coffee for bowel movement.
Xylitol spikes a lot of folks though. Its best to test to your meter .

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I have some low carb ‘sweets’ that contain polyols, they don’t seem to affect my blood sugars but you have to be careful as too much polyol can have a laxative effect :wideyed:
Please tell me where to buy low carb sweets.I no longer have a sweet craving but would like to have one available once in a while. Xx

goose64

Please tell me where to buy low carb sweets.I no longer have a sweet craving but would like to have one available once in a while. Xx
I buy sugar free Werther's in Tesco,I get riccola, and stula in Waitrose, I pick up sugar free polos wherever as they're widely available.Last Tim I was in Waitrose I picked up some stula gum bears, they were lovely ,a bit like wine time in texture.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Aldi do sugar free sweets, butterscotch, strawberries & cream, mixed fruit and mint, I believe. Little striped cardboard cartons, and very easy to miss!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Just type low carb sweets into Amazon. There’s loads of low carb equivalents of all the old sweet shop favourites.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just type low carb sweets into Amazon. There’s loads of low carb equivalents of all the old sweet shop favourites.

But beware of the sugar free Haribo/***** bears. Unless you’re in need of some rushed trips to the loo. Even small quantities can have a dramatic effect.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But beware of the sugar free Haribo/***** bears. Unless you’re in need of some rushed trips to the loo. Even small quantities can have a dramatic effect.

I know, I actually have a couple to ‘loosen things up’ when my low carbing gets the better of my insides!
I haven’t tried any ***** ones, I like the Carblife boiled sweets.

Reactions: Goonergal