Cannabidiol

Lazell123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have joint and muscle pain and I've been doing some research on Cannabidiol oil, (CBD Oil), which is supposed to help with pain. I exercise regularly and I've been type 1 for 57 years. Has anyone tried this oil? Can you give me any advice please? Thankyou.

Chrissie18

Depends on your source of oil and whether it contains tetrahydroCannabavin or not. It is the tetrahydrocannabavin that provides the hallucinogenic effect. However years ago I took part in a project to see if cannabis oil minus the tetrahydrocannabavin would have any effect on fibromyalgia, which it sounds as if you may have. Presume your doc has tested you for other possibilities? We had some positive results but then we also had positive results in the control group. We used massage as the medium.

Lazell123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends on your source of oil and whether it contains tetrahydroCannabavin or not. It is the tetrahydrocannabavin that provides the hallucinogenic effect. However years ago I took part in a project to see if cannabis oil minus the tetrahydrocannabavin would have any effect on fibromyalgia, which it sounds as if you may have. Presume your doc has tested you for other possibilities? We had some positive results but then we also had positive results in the control group. We used massage as the medium.
Thank you for the information Chrissie18. Apparently it doesn't contain tetrahydrocannabavin. I've had blood tests for just about everything and they've all come back OK. Still awaiting X-ray results. Maybe it's just old age creeping up on me!!