What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morening Ladies , Gentlemen and those of an indeterminate gender. I think that covers most , if not, tough go buy a boat and paddle your own canoe.

A low 6.6 from me this morning. If my figures were as low as some of you are striving for ie low 4's I would be back in the Q.E. hospital in Birmingham.
Question for people without other medical conditions is not approximately 4 getting near hypo territory ?

Have a good one folks. I hope to, too, two take your pick. xxx
Hi alf_Josiah I have been in low 4s I feel light headed and shaken but I'm fine in 5s. I'm type2 we don't really have a full blown hypo like type1s,it's called a false hypo but it still makes you feel unsteady,and not safe to drive I usually call off and get a coffee with full fat cream it usually does the trick. K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 looks like it, not had time today hubby and myself went to Bury Market not been for years but it's the best market for miles around,fresh fish, meat and fruit and veg and it's spotlessly clean. Had lunch out and a visit to a garden centre then home for tea,grandson on his last 12 hour night shift tonight so meal at five pm, need to feed the worker. Soon be weekend for you again and a few days off work for you, retirement is fine but sometimes I miss going to work! But not enough to come out of retirement, I worked until I was 64 I've always worked just need Geoff to retire now, this is happening in July on his 62nd Birthday so we can enjoy our time together I've been retired 8 years nearly waited long enough! K
sounds like you have had a wonderful day k.ive told tommy he cant retire yet i couldnt put up with him at home all day under my feet:pat the moment i have to be in work at 6am an tommys still in bed and hes not home from work till 7pm so its happy days i can put up with him at the weekend but think alcohol helps hahaha:hilarious: nah hes ok really .bet you cant wait till july then the worlds your oyster as they say are you doing anything nice for geoffs birthday xx:)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Have to leave home early today for a long day at work.

Blood sugars were 5.1 today.

@Mick1959 -- Congrats, wonderful results. Well done you! Deserved after the hard work you put in.
@flexi06 -- Great progress -- your results next time will be way better if your fasting numbers are anything to go by.
@Goonergal -- I see the same thing. Too much protein, especially at night, and I see higher fasting numbers.

Thanks for that little boost Ziggy

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
sounds like you have had a wonderful day k.ive told tommy he cant retire yet i couldnt put up with him at home all day under my feet:pat the moment i have to be in work at 6am an tommys still in bed and hes not home from work till 7pm so its happy days i can put up with him at the weekend but think alcohol helps hahaha:hilarious: nah hes ok really .bet you cant wait till july then the worlds your oyster as they say are you doing anything nice for geoffs birthday xx:)
We will probably either go away for the weekend or go out for a meal depends on mood, not really a party person we like to go away so we will see, we are trying to plan a few days out and chilling in between, meals out and holidays away preferably abroad an occasional UK break with our dog he's 10 now and hates going in the car, nightmare! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We will probably either go away for the weekend or go out for a meal depends on mood, not really a party person we like to go away so we will see, we are trying to plan a few days out and chilling in between, meals out and holidays away preferably abroad an occasional UK break with our dog he's 10 now and hates going in the car, nightmare! K
enjoy whatever you decide to do xx:happy:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi alf_Josiah I have been in low 4s I feel light headed and shaken but I'm fine in 5s. I'm type2 we don't really have a full blown hypo like type1s,it's called a false hypo but it still makes you feel unsteady,and not safe to drive I usually call off and get a coffee with full fat cream it usually does the trick. K
I don't particularly enjoy being in the low 4's either makes me feel off but I have been as low as 2.4 and not that long ago and that was truly unpleasant and made me feel quite ill at the time I think 5' are ideal well for me any way.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Alf I rose to your challenge and indulged in a bit of banter with the old chap at the municipal dump where I was chucking out a load of old junk.
All was going well until he suggested we go off somewhere for a bite of lunch and a bottle!
It wasn’t so much a toothless smile as a salacious leer. Does that count? I’m reverting to being grumpy tomorrow.

@ianpspurs it worked! The 20min cycling brought bg down from 6.6 (fbg) to 5.9 before breakfast. Very happy with that. :)

I bet you made him smile .