Natural herbal supplement

mallins

Hi

I just wondered if anyone has heard of a company called CuraLife.co. They produce a natural herbal supplement called Curalin which helps to regulate blood sugar levels I thought I'd give it a try because since moving to the Exeter area my sugar levels have been increasing basically due to the fact that my new gp surgery does not believe that type 2 diabetics should be testing therefore they do not supply needles and strips and I can't always afford to buy these.

I bought a trial pack of Curalin and within a couple of days my sugar levels have come down from 8.9 - 9 to 5.4 on waking in the morning and I also noticed that my sugars have not been spiking after eating carbs with my meals. My sugars have been kept within normal levels. Their trial pack is £16 for 30 but for a month's supply it nearly £60 which is quite expensive but on the other hand they seem to work for me without any side effects.

I just wondered if anyone else has tried these and if they helped them?

Mallins

Reactions: BarbaraDavies

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The main ingredient seems to be Bitter Melon. Popoular in SE Asia and the Sub Continent where, if memory serves, the rate of Type 2 Diabetes is rising exponentially.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
P.S. If I had £60 per month to spend I would spend it on test strips rather than a herbal 'remedy'.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
Hi

I just wondered if anyone has heard of a company called CuraLife.co. They produce a natural herbal supplement called Curalin which helps to regulate blood sugar levels I thought I'd give it a try because since moving to the Exeter area my sugar levels have been increasing basically due to the fact that my new gp surgery does not believe that type 2 diabetics should be testing therefore they do not supply needles and strips and I can't always afford to buy these.

I bought a trial pack of Curalin and within a couple of days my sugar levels have come down from 8.9 - 9 to 5.4 on waking in the morning and I also noticed that my sugars have not been spiking after eating carbs with my meals. My sugars have been kept within normal levels. Their trial pack is £16 for 30 but for a month's supply it nearly £60 which is quite expensive but on the other hand they seem to work for me without any side effects.

I just wondered if anyone else has tried these and if they helped them?

Mallins

Unlikely to work so well. Better than metformin?

mallins

Unlikely to work so well. Better than metformin?
I take one metformin in the morning but my problem has been if I eat any carbs at lunchtime or at my evening meal my sugars really spike and I didn't want to increase my metformin so I have been taking these tablets one after lunch and one after my evening meal and they are definitely working for me but I guess everyone will be different.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take one metformin in the morning but my problem has been if I eat any carbs at lunchtime or at my evening meal my sugars really spike and I didn't want to increase my metformin so I have been taking these tablets one after lunch and one after my evening meal and they are definitely working for me but I guess everyone will be different.
Before spending any money I would get some advice from here about whether the solution is to modify your diet. How many grams of carbs are you having with your meal and how big are the spikes?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask what may appear to be a silly question.. If you know that
if I eat any carbs at lunchtime or at my evening meal my sugars really spike
might it not be better to simply not eat the carbs?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting. You don't want to increase Metformin. Is that because of the notorious gastric side effects? But what is in this mystery supplement? I hear Bitter Melon, which is also known for its laxative effect and stomach aches.(I have used BM myself) What else is in this potion, and are these safe for long term use? I was prescribed Actos, and then they discovered it can cause strokes but way on down the line. Avandia too, Other meds get pulled for safety concerns. But herbal supps are not monitored or controlled as well, so they too can prove harmful (fatal even as in digitalis, salacylic acid, belladonna, et al) So a marketing blurb that uses the term herbal is not a guarantee that it is safe or effective,

Edit: BTW Metformin is also derived from a herb, and could be considered herbal, But the plant itself is toxic to humans, so needs to be processed to remove the toxins hence it is a pill.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

If it is such a miracle, I wonder why it isn't prescribed for general use?

Reactions: TTTE and Guzzler

mallins

Can I ask what may appear to be a silly question.. If you know that

might it not be better to simply not eat the carbs?
Well of course that would be the ideal but unfortunately my willpower obviously is not as good as yours. I do actually follow a low carb diet when the willpower is good and I use a diabetic portion control plate. I also use the diet doctor.com website but of course it's the days when I'm not so good for one reason or another that the old sugar levels go very high that I want to take something natural rather than another metformin tablet.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well of course that would be the ideal but unfortunately my willpower obviously is not as good as yours. I do actually follow a low carb diet when the willpower is good and I use a diabetic portion control plate. I also use the diet doctor.com website but of course it's the days when I'm not so good for one reason or another that the old sugar levels go very high that I want to take something natural rather than another metformin tablet.

I'm not quite sure what you mean ... you have said on other of your posts that the LCHF diet is great and has done great things for your health. Its full of tasty filling food so do you feel you need extra willpower to keep yourself healthy? What s a diabetic portion control plate? Are you trying to cut calories too? That might not be a great idea as it just makes you hungry and tempts you towards "bad" food.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The scree on this supplement seams to emphasize that it increases the production of insulin I am unsure as to whether that is a good thing or not I am unable to find much in the way of objective reviews of Curalin so it's hard to find out if it does what it says you may do just as well taking bitter melon, fenugreek and turmeric on their own.

Personally I reduced blood sugars and lost weight by simply not eating too much carbohydrates and going LCHF coupled with reducing calories.

I can sustain my LCHF life style indefinitely what happens when and if you stop taking the supplement even if it works and can you afford to fund it for the rest of your life.

Reactions: Oldvatr

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This product has been heavily marketed on Facebook, and they have created so many false review site all claiming to expose the truth and all ending up with order now from only 88p a day. It a money making enterprise, and it is impossible to find independant reviews of it.

it main ingredient seems to be Bitter Melon and Gymnema Sylvestre with turmeric and fenugreek added in. These supplements are all reviewed on this forum as possible bgl lowering supplements, and most have mixed experiences being reported. When someone comes along claiming they will reverse and cure T2D then I start to smell a rat, especially at the high price being chaged for this supermix.

I do worry about the longer term use of this, and not just as a waste of money, but in terms of continued monitoring of possible dangerous conditions and comorbiditie it may have or any interactions with say heart meds or other meds that many of us take for other conditions. Personally, although I found Bitter Melon to be of some positive benefit to me, I have stopped taking it now to prevent buildup and collateral damage. (EDIT: I am also reducing my Metformin for the same reason)

It is not the first super-supplement to be mass marketed like this, and it will not be the last. Snake oil salesmen peddle these potions to make a quick buck, but none end up with mainstream acceptance. I wonder why. In the case of this super-pill, the ingredients do have their own track records, but none are being researched by any reputable institutions which gives a clue. If Big Pharma can't turn a quick buck with them, then there is a reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

P.S. If I had £60 per month to spend I would spend it on test strips rather than a herbal 'remedy'.
You can get 200 strips for the equivalent price ($130.00) here in Australia over the pharmacy counter.

mallins

I'm not quite sure what you mean ... you have said on other of your posts that the LCHF diet is great and has done great things for your health. Its full of tasty filling food so do you feel you need extra willpower to keep yourself healthy? What s a diabetic portion control plate? Are you trying to cut calories too? That might not be a great idea as it just makes you hungry and tempts you towards "bad" food.
Yes I have had great success with the LCHF diet. I have lost 3 stone in weight since being on it but since moving to the Exeter area my social life has taken off and I'm eating out more and that's when the willpower goes out the window and I end up getting high sugar spikes.

mallins

This product has been heavily marketed on Facebook, and they have created so many false review site all claiming to expose the truth and all ending up with order now from only 88p a day. It a money making enterprise, and it is impossible to find independant reviews of it.

it main ingredient seems to be Bitter Melon and Gymnema Sylvestre with turmeric and fenugreek added in. These supplements are all reviewed on this forum as possible bgl lowering supplements, and most have mixed experiences being reported. When someone comes along claiming they will reverse and cure T2D then I start to smell a rat, especially at the high price being chaged for this supermix.

I do worry about the longer term use of this, and not just as a waste of money, but in terms of continued monitoring of possible dangerous conditions and comorbiditie it may have or any interactions with say heart meds or other meds that many of us take for other conditions. Personally, although I found Bitter Melon to be of some positive benefit to me, I have stopped taking it now to prevent buildup and collateral damage. (EDIT: I am also reducing my Metformin for the same reason)

It is not the first super-supplement to be mass marketed like this, and it will not be the last. Snake oil salesmen peddle these potions to make a quick buck, but none end up with mainstream acceptance. I wonder why. In the case of this super-pill, the ingredients do have their own track records, but none are being researched by any reputable institutions which gives a clue. If Big Pharma can't turn a quick buck with them, then there is a reason.
Yes I totally get your point. I'm going to see the pharmacist today to make sure that the ingredients do not affect my other medications and ask them if it is safe to take long term. According to the Curalife website they have FDA approval for this product which presumably means that some governing body has deemed it safe for use.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I totally get your point. I'm going to see the pharmacist today to make sure that the ingredients do not affect my other medications and ask them if it is safe to take long term. According to the Curalife website they have FDA approval for this product which presumably means that some governing body has deemed it safe for use.
Nope. There is a forged picture stored by someone on Pinterest purporting to be an official FDA registration, but the FDA website itself does not recognise Curalin or Curalife. Things like this make me even more suspicious of their marketing hype. I am glad you are having success, but herbal supplements are not tested or given FDA approval . However, a facility used to prepare supplements may be eligible for process approval. See Kerala which is the Indian state not Bitter Melon. The Universal Supplements factory in Kerala has approval so they can supply to the USA market, but it is not like the CE mark on a product, which certifies that it has been tested to meet a defined standard. This will not apply to Curalin.

Even Herbalife in USA cannot claim such accolade for any of their supplements such as NRG.

https://nypost.com/2014/12/19/fda-to-herbalife-stop-suggesting-we-approve-your-products/

Last edited:
Reactions: arax

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Testing. Sorry, having some trouble posting comments today.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Loud and Clear Over and Out

I did some tecnical stuff and it seems to be working now. What techy stuff? I turned it off and turned it back on again. Am tired now, have to lie down in a darkened room :angelic: