Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
I too prefer Guiness. Worst beer anywhere in the world is Harp Lager, Foul

Just imagine a low carb Guinness without compromising the taste . Now that would be a miracle worthy of Knock

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I drink one bear (best in the world pilsner urquell) and then do brisk walk for 30m :)

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We can only dream mate... :D
I often think ..... I was diagnosed on 27 feb 2018 the weekend before I was at my mates birthday party I had about 7 or 8 pints Guinness and about 4 or 5 whiskeys . .... Absolutely no problems . Apart from a hangover next day . Then that week got toldI had T2 Diabetes . Work that one out .

D

Deleted member 308541

Sometimes I drink one bear (best in the world pilsner urquell) and then do brisk walk for 30m :)
If I drank a "bear", I would be running for thirty minutes.
I had about 7 or 8 pints Guinness and about 4 or 5 whiskeys . .... Absolutely no problems . Apart from a hangover next day . Then that week got toldI had T2 Diabetes . Work that one out .
It's a long time since I drunk that much Guinness. :(

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah - this word is puzzle for us :) bear beer beard bird - better to use lager

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If I drank a "bear", I would be running for thirty minutes.

It's a long time since I drunk that much Guinness. :(
Been doin it for a lifetime .. . But I’m only 59 so late diagnosis for me . Prob go downhill fast . But LCHF might save me .. if T2 takes 20 yrs off yer life and I intended to live till I was 100. Then I have about 21 yrs left . That’ll do

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Been doin it for a lifetime .. . But I’m only 59 so late diagnosis for me . Prob go downhill fast . But LCHF might save me .. if T2 takes 20 yrs off yer life and I intended to live till I was 100. Then I have about 21 yrs left . That’ll do
BTW . Had a great time in Prague a good few years ago on a stag ... your beer there is amazingly gorgeous . Loved your town . Great bars and a brilliant Irish bar there who looked after us

Reactions: rom35

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too prefer Guiness. Worst beer anywhere in the world is Harp Lager, Foul

Oh, mate. Try El Presidente from the Dominican Republic or Chang, Archer or Red Horse here in Thailand. Then you’ll know.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Well, pound for pound, the only decent brews without fail are those from Japan

D

Deleted member 308541

I have got my twenty cents on XXXX, which I believe is part owned by Suntory through Nathan Lion.

w8RGD1y.jpg

Jambo John

I'm recently diagnosed T2 and love a beer. Just returned from Australia and their labelling is superb. Was drinking mid to low strength beer, low carb and 99.9% sugar free. Most of them were a nice drink too.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Was drinking Bulmers light in Ireland only 4 grs carb per pint bottle and 4.5% . Lovely . Shame they don’t sell it in UK . This seems really strange to me there is not many low carb beers or cider in UK

domforr

The best I've found so far is the Cisk Low carb beer that you can buy through Amazon. I wouldn't say it's the tastiest, but it's quite drinkable and only 1.5g carbs per 100ml.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is the list of some highly recommended beers to drink on low carb or keto diet.

• Greens Trailblazer
  • Budweiser Select 55
  • Corona Premier
  • Miller 64
  • Rolling Rock Green Light
  • Natural Light
  • Genesis light
  • Michelob Ultra
  • Milwaukee’s Best Light
  • Budweiser Select
  • Beck’s Premier Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Busch Light
  • Michelob Ultra Amber
  • Miller Chill
  • Coors Light
  • Amstel Light
  • Keystone Light
  • Budweiser Light
  • Heineken Premium Light
  • Yuengling Light
For details of this beers you can ask me

Blimey Saifk. You obviously enjoy a beer! Have you tried them all, and how did you find them?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Little envious. Have never really 'got' beer/lager. Good cider was a favorite, aspels or bulmers. The Irish stuff is too dry.

As for a good 20yr old port. Oooh yesss

Bad news is my meter goes crazy with alcohol so it's just special occasions now if at all.

Jealous. Yes.

Reactions: jjraak

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was drinking Bulmers light in Ireland only 4 grs carb per pint bottle and 4.5% . Lovely . Shame they don’t sell it in UK . This seems really strange to me there is not many low carb beers or cider in UK
I understood that Bulmers in Ireland was Magners in the UK and vica versa. There is a Magners Light which looks suspiciously like the Bulmers Light in packaging etc. I haven't tried it yet but after your post I am going to find it in a local store and try.

Adding a link:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Dietary/Magners_Light_Cider_568ml.html

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Saifk871 It would help if you could post this ?