Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)
I had the tastiest low carb Lasagne. It was my own variation of a recipe in the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book and seriously - it was SO tasty!

Reactions: heh

mrsspenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And then you woke up...... :)
Breakfast:
McDonalds Big Mac, Fries and strawberry milkshake ...yum yum yum !!!

Lunch:
Kentucky Fried Chicken, x4 piece chicken, Fries, Pinapple Coleslaw, Baked Beans and very large Pepsi ...yum yum yum yum !!!

Dinner: (this is my favourite part of the day)
Eat All You Can ‘Til You Drop Dead (gorgeous) Chinese Buffet of course...yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum !!!

Tea:
Large bottle of Coke, Black Forest Gataue, Cheesecake, Coffee and Walnut Cake, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Cake with lots of honey and syrup topped with strawberry, mint, chocolate chip, toffee ice cream!

I’m so full !!!

S

Sean01

Breakfast: 3 eggs, bacon, mushrooms and black pudding cooked in olive oil. - pre work out breakfast.
Post work out: protein shake with a big hit of cinnamon.
Lunch: two tins of sardines (hate them - I have to keep my head over the kitchen sink)
Mid afternoon: 3 egg omelette and tomatoes
Tea: 3 egg omelette and tomatoes
Evening: protein shake with cinnamon

For those of you who know me _ I'm having a few days off from spinach

Snacks: oat bars, dark chocolate, a few double espressos and cheese

This is the week end. During the week, I swap out sardines for another omelette and I don't have the bacon or black pudding. (the work outs at the week end are much tougher)

Sean T2 , Oct 15 - met time release, very regimented diet and a lot of walking and weightlifting. (Its working - 4.2 latest result and BP 118/76. Resting heart beat - sub 60

Reactions: Debandez

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Two rashers of bacon and one egg breakfast.

Chicken and salad. One tomato

Evening chicken with two tomatoes diced and a Greek yogurt.

Think I have to try coffee and tea without milk.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had 2 eggs scrambled with cheese and cream cooked using a little butter.

Picnic on the green. Cheese and chicken salad with iced water.

Dinner was quiche with all pastry cut away with salad.

Coffee with cream x 1
Tea with milk x 1

Reactions: Sean01

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday

Tea
B: 2 bacon & scrambled eggs, milky coffee
Tea
L: Ham & tomato butty on Burgen, berries, light & free yogurt
Tea
T: 3 lamb chops, broccoli & cauliflower cheese, strawberries & squirty cream, NAS chocolate milk shake.
Red bush tea.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with double cream for breaky.

Lunch was a can of Sainsbury's carrot and coriander soup (well about 2 thirds of a can) and i tested after 1 hour (5.4) and 2 hours (5.3) so that's something else I'm going to start adding to my good food list. Tinned soup -) this one was 9 carbs per half can.

Dinner was a chicken salad with mayo. Boring but I'm focused on my looming hba1c test and showing my DN how diabetes CAN be put well and truly into remission.

Reactions: heh and mrsspenny

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Not a good day for me but here goes.
Two slices of toast with butter

Tin tomatoe sliced soup one slice bread

Dinner portabella mushroom
Feta cheese
TomatoeMxed salad with salad cream and a half a roll.

3 squares of chocolate and yes Nothing else and I am fighting the devil. Xx

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 Boiled Eggs, plus a Tomato sandwich toasted and a cup of coffee with sweetner.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
morning, I'm not telling you what I ate yesterday - let's just say it involved a Cornish pasty :oops:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee and cream for breakfast

Stilton and bacon said for lunch

A can of pea and ham soup for dinner which at only 16g carbs saw my BG elevated after 2 hours! Still in shock the next morning!!!

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Debandez, How are you doing today, looking forward to all it has on offer, I hope!. As for my breakfast, It was just enough as I had just finished work and was about too climbing into bed. So all was well as when I woke up, my BGL's were 6:4 at 18:50 hrs. Now I'm having Dinner and going back to work, again.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez, How are you doing today, looking forward to all it has on offer, I hope!. As for my breakfast, It was just enough as I had just finished work and was about too climbing into bed. So all was well as when I woke up, my BGL's were 6:4 at 18:50 hrs. Now I'm having Dinner and going back to work, again.
Blimey! Busy time for you. Im.netween projects at the moment and enjoying the freedom. I went to have my bloods done today. Asked for everything forum members suggested. I've never been so excited about a Drs appointment! Looking forward to the results. Fingers crossed they reflect all the hard work everyone on here has put in to me :) that includes you!!!

Reactions: Petaluk

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Debandez,, I only work part time these days, and I enjoy what I do very much. Well I wish you good luck for your results today, as I feel you don't need any luck really, as you've put in the hard yards, and as they say, "No Gain, Without Some Pain," so your on the right path to fulfil that task!!! But all the same Good Luck and Best Wishes, Ok!!!

I now have a question to ask, if you don't mind! Is your Forum Name "Deb and Ez' For Yourself and your Son?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez,, I only work part time these days, and I enjoy what I do very much. Well I wish you good luck for your results today, as I feel you don't need any luck really, as you've put in the hard yards, and as they say, "No Gain, Without Some Pain," so your on the right path to fulfil that task!!! But all the same Good Luck and Best Wishes, Ok!!!

I now have a question to ask, if you don't mind! Is your Forum Name "Deb and Ez' For Yourself and your Son?
My name believe it or not is an abbreviation of Debra and Eric! Eric being my hubby. Used it forever. I wish I had picked something else now on reflection as it confuses everyone! Is there a way of amending it do you know?

Yes I'm so looking forward to getting my results. Not long now. My appointment is 16rh with DN but I get my results over the phone tomorrow or Monday :)

Glad you love your job. Me too :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I reached a weight loss milestone. 40lbs. My final weight loss goal actually so i was very giddy. I always have a small treat when I reach a milestone. But I had a big one yesterday as it coincided with my hba1c etc blood test at the drs. Not got next one for 6 months. So my treat was a piece of (JAWS music would be very apt here!!!) CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE WITH CREAM AND A DOLLOP OF (MUSIC GETS LOUDER!!!) SALTED CARAMEL ICE CREAM. Naughty....but VERY nice. Last night after 2 hours 7.6. And this morning 6.7 which in the bigger scheme of things I think isn't too bad. I expected it to be much worse.

For breakfast I had a cheese omlette (2 eggs)

For lunch as another treat a small bread roll with cheese and onion.

For dinner prior to my naughty dessert I had a roast beef dinner (Just meat and veg).

Happy Friday folks.