Newly diagnosed first post

stephenlopez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all just an update I still don't know what type I am however I had a letter today to say if my anti gad antibodies results were normal I would be put on sitaglyptin I think that's how it's spelt. Anyone else have any experience with this medication?

I guess you are spelling the name of drug wrong, It is sitagliptin. I don't have any experience with sitagliptin as I've been only prescribed metformin, however, I guess this https://zovon.com/drugs/drug-by-condition/drugs-treating-type-ii-diabetes/ can help because I guess this blog just made an encyclopedia of drugs used for diabetes.

Deanbcfc81

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all had a call today and was advised my c-peptide was fine and I was negative for celiac too. Everything points to type 2 so depending on the appointment tomorrow with the gastroenterologist they will be treating me for type 2 and may end of treating with either diet or sitaglyptin.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all had a call today and was advised my c-peptide was fine and I was negative for celiac too. Everything points to type 2 so depending on the appointment tomorrow with the gastroenterologist they will be treating me for type 2 and may end of treating with either diet or sitaglyptin.
At least you know the plan now. Hope it all goes well.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I thought metformin was the drug of choice for new T2s????
Good that you've got a definite diagnosis.

Deanbcfc81

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought metformin was the drug of choice for new T2s????
Good that you've got a definite diagnosis.
Hi EllieM it is correct that metformin is the starter medication. I was put on them and had a really bad reaction so had to stop taking them.