Hypo alerts

philipking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m going on a trial Medtronic 640g with Enlite sensors this week. I’ve lost all hypo awareness and have had a few really serious episodes this year. How loud are the alerts and sirens to warn when going low? The alarms on my current Insight pump are not very loud, even at max volume, and I’m concerned I may not hear alerts esp at night.

Thanks

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You don't need to hear the alerts. The predictive low suspend stops insulin deliver before you go low based on what the sensor says, with no further action required from you.

Reactions: Chris1957

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@philipking , I've not used that cgm, but I've got a vague recollection of other posters saying it was quiet, and they came up with a Heath Robinson solution of putting the receiver in a metal or glass bowl at bedside to amplify the noise. I'm not familiar with the pump set up, being one of those old-fashioned MDIiers, but if there is a remote receiver, could be an option.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the 640G and Enlite system. If I'm somewhere noisy and don't hear the alert, the pump vibrates. At home, I hear it no problem (I don't have it at maximum volume.)

Reactions: Celsus

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The 640g alarm is is irritating and quite loud but I've got used to it and it now it only wakes me if my body senses something odd but suspend before low triggers frequently and not had a hypo for the 6 years since I've had it but they just removed funding for the sensor appealing it ATM

Chris1957

I’m going on a trial Medtronic 640g with Enlite sensors this week. I’ve lost all hypo awareness and have had a few really serious episodes this year. How loud are the alerts and sirens to warn when going low? The alarms on my current Insight pump are not very loud, even at max volume, and I’m concerned I may not hear alerts esp at night.

Thanks
The Medtronic 640 is great just started with the enlite sensors they are great as my blood sugars when working dont hear the alarm checking the pump i notice basal stopped which helps