Socks

Bridie9408

Has anyone had problems with the elastic in the top of socks. It leaves a track in my legs and you would think they were swollen. I know it is probably the elastic been to tight. Where is the best place to shop for socks for diabetic.

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
Has anyone had problems with the elastic in the top of socks. It leaves a track in my legs and you would think they were swollen. I know it is probably the elastic been to tight. Where is the best place to shop for socks for diabetic.

I look for Pringle or Elle socks at TKMaxx. Some have a tight top but some are very soft and loose, with the benefit of no toe seam to rub. They are also colourful and fun. There are special socks for diabetics, but they do have a toe seam.

Reactions: Bridie9408

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Softhold is one range that is sold in shops and online but they can be pricey. Would the shorter cuff ones suit you for the summer? Just make sure that there are no rough toe seams or wear them inside out.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy mine at a place called boundary mill, Walsall.
Also many markets sell them.
They have a honeycomb top so doesn't leave ring marks.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find if they aren't tight enough they fall down and wrinkle up underneath.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They have these on Amazon. The first pair are padded so help with sensitive feet; but the elastic does tend to be too tight around the top.
The second pair are thinner and comfortable, and don't leave marks - but there is no cushioning. Probably won't be too difficult to find something suitable.
00e105ca6a0782c9e437b81e010cbb10.jpg
79d50c430438563c9ebbf189ee6f62be.jpg

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cosy feet sells socks which are loose around the top and very comfy. They do. Arrange of coluors. Hope this helps

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some Gentle Grip socks in Matalan 3 pairs for £5 which were labelled “suitablefor Diabetics”. They’re comfy and wash well

Reactions: Sue192

norbitonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aldi sell some socks online that have gentle but effective ribbing around the top. £4-£5 for 5 pairs, various spotty/stripey patterns.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I just take a pair of scissors and cut through the elasticated part.

Reactions: dbr10

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi, Bridie9408. I have recently bought socks from Cosyfeet. They are not the cheapest but they do a range of diabetic-friendly socks. The ones I had are comfy and wash well.

tattytanya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can get diabetic socks from edinborough wool mill.matalan and primark do a loose top sock

Reactions: dbr10

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Sock shop socks on Amazon.