What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen and to those who shall be adding to the depletion of the ozone layer by having a BBQ.
A 7.5 from me this morning.
After 2 BBQ's in two days, I'm orf to a wedding today.
Which means Mrs J is going to insist I wash behind my ears grrrrr
Has a good one folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Ive done my 20mins 7.1km keeping hr above 70% Are you on your bike or in the garden today?
@DJC3 A bit of both today but bike first. Need to move about a bit. FBG was 5.0 today so a bit MEH and yesterday evening I ate 3 courses and felt so full it hurt having cleared one fridge of cooked meat instead of going without lunch. @SueJB Good link to the autophagy summary there was possibly a thread on this earlier this year @Goonergal was definitely involved. Good luck with the exercise bike - not a pukka wattbike I hope just yet! I would suggest moderate cardio most days and 2-3 days of HIIT with at least 1 day rest in between.
Edit: Actually tried mastering Nordic walking a bit more - poles purchased in panic at maybe having CMT so I need to use them now tests seem to have indicated a back issue not CMT.

Last edited:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning on this wonderful sunny Sunday

My membership of the 5's club is definitely temporary, as Lady Vampira after tasing my ritual blood sacrifice did tell of 6.6 at 6.45am this very day.

I have no idea what is going on, maybe dropping to 2 metformin a day, as no change in diet, but I have had a slight snuffly cold since Wednesday, but nothing else

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. 5.4 this morning.
I have put my 5.4 down to an interesting combination of Tai red curry made by my daughter in law, zero carb noodles, a huge chocolate donut, a roll, 2 squares of dairy milk chocolate and a generous serving of Merlot.
@dunelm Thanks for the heads up on weights and back issues very good to hear from someone who has experience. Also, with that intake yesterday 5.4 is a very good showing.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 A bit of both today but bike first. Need to move about a bit. FBG was 5.0 today so a bit MEH and yesterday evening I ate 3 courses and felt so full it hurt having cleared one fridge of cooked meat instead of going without lunch. @SueJB Good link to the autophagy summary there was possibly a thread on this earlier this year @Goonergal was definitely involved. Good luck with the exercise bike - not a pukka wattbike I hope just yet! I would suggest moderate cardio most days and 2-3 days of HIIT with at least 1 day rest in between.
Edit: Actually tried mastering Nordic walking a bit more - poles purchased in panic at maybe having CMT so I need to use them now tests seem to have indicated a back issue not CMT.
Ah, Nordic walking. Mrs Miggins and I bought Nordic poles about 10 years ago and went on a one day course, Bournemouth I think it was. Excellent exercise once you get the hang of it. We sometimes attract stares when charging up the beach like a couple of Terry Gilliam type cartoon characters. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm Thanks for the heads up on weights and back issues very good to hear from someone who has experience. Also, with that intake yesterday 5.4 is a very good showing.
Oh poo, for roll, it should have said a rolo- small round chocy thing full of gunge.
Having wandered over the hills in a fasting state with only tulsi tea and water until a red wine at 3pm when watching the rugby in the pub, I needed a boost by dinner time at 7.30pm.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, Nordic walking. Mrs Miggins and I bought Nordic poles about 10 years ago and went on a one day course, . :)
Snap! Nordic walking is quite the thing here - in just about the flattest part of the UK. Plenty of classes so I will join one as the cognoscenti hereabouts would deafen locals with their guffaws should one not meet standards. Apparently, some other ranks have attempted to join the charmed circle in the recent past o_O

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap! Nordic walking is quite the thing here - in just about the flattest part of the UK. Plenty of classes so I will join one as the cognoscenti hereabouts would deafen locals with their guffaws should one not meet standards. Apparently, some other ranks have attempted to join the charmed circle in the recent past o_O

I tried to find a Nordic walking group near me a few months ago but couldn’t find one. The nearest was in Richmond ( London not Yorks) which would be a hassle to get to so I know I’d gradually stop going.
Also I sent off for some poles about a year ago from Amazon. After 3 months they contacted me saying there was a supplier issue and would return my money. Perhaps I’m just not meant to do it.
Good luck though @ianpspurs it is meant to be very good for you, I’ll be interested in how you get on.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive been up since about 7 felt a bit rough drank more than intended yesterday as ye do but feel ok now ive had my brekky so just deciding what to do today as im in work tomorrow

Make the most of it Karen before yougo back to work. Hope you have air con?
It’s easy to have one glass too many when the weather is so glorious I think, having done the same on many occasions.