Unexpected dip in inflamation.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not so sure its a symptom , more a pre-cursor to some pretty nasty things which we hopefully can void by not having it.
I disagree, inflammation is part of the natural healing process as the immune system attacks infection and disease and as such is a good thing. Where the problem lies is when the inflammation goes on too long or where the immune system is attacking something it shouldn't. As for the inflammatory markers, they are indicators of inflammation somewhere in the body, it is necessary to find out where, to be able to treat the cause. Treating the inflammation as something in general is just shooting the messenger.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I disagree, inflammation is part of the natural healing process as the immune system attacks infection and disease and as such is a good thing. Where the problem lies is when the inflammation goes on too long or where the immune system is attacking something it shouldn't. As for the inflammatory markers, they are indicators of inflammation somewhere in the body, it is necessary to find out where, to be able to treat the cause. Treating the inflammation as something in general is just shooting the messenger.
That's why I changed what I said to inflammatory disorders.. Usually abbreviated (maybe incorrectly) to inflammation. Apologies if I was confusing.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Some researchers are linking inflammation to insulin resistance.........
wheat is claimed to make inflammation worse in some people
Wheet post-1950 is nothing like the wheat before 1950 due to selective beading to increase yield

Maybe, maybe not the above is connected in some way?

Last edited:
Reactions: Guzzler

darenu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Although I have reversed my T2D to some extent and increased certain carbs, my joints have gone back to before LCHF and I now can’t rely on BG. I have therefore started the Carnivore Diet and will start to add foods back in and see how they affect these symptoms. Recently got quite bad again which coincided with eating more roasted Mediterranean veg, tomatoes, peppers and courgettes. After reading through some posts, I am just making my first Chicken Bone Broth with Turmeric, so hope that helps.

Reactions: ringi