Bit of a wobble

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone, I just need to get this this out. I'm so tired of it all, the constant vigilance of my bloods, the constant worry of what's happening to them when I sleep, knowing without a shadow of a doubt that when I wake up I'm going to be in the teens once again and really struggle to get them fown to single figures. I'm tired of the constant calculations and carb counting I'm having to do and knowing that, eveb though I'm really trying, nothing is working. I'm just so tired of it all :'(

Sorry, it's been building up for a while and I just need to let loose a bit before I broke down at work.

'I'm so tired of it all' - boy, can lots of us relate to that! I've been Type 1 for over 30 yearsand there are periods of months sometimes when I just get on with it and things go along fine. And then - well, half the time, who knows what suddenly sends it all off course? Stress, a change in temperature, more or less physical activity, sometimes apparently nothing at all...There really is no way out of living with this condition all the time, and what I've learned (and had comfortingly reinforced by this forum) is that there are times when it just feels unbearable, though most of the time I can manage it and get on with life. So hang on in there, resolve what's happening now with the help of your DNS, and enjoy it when it all settles down again - for a while ;)

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Like everyone has said, been there and some days still there, I am now on a pump, but my last change over two days ago, filled pump great, then dropped it, face down, oh well you say start again , I did then dropped the needle, yes start again, filling the syringe, yes you got it the bottle of insulin fell, well I just lost it, throw the pump across the room sat on the floor and cried, husband came over fill the next pump clean the mess stuck pump on my tummy, left me on the floor still crying, made me a cup of tea, then said you ok now, and yes BG up, what a surprise not, it gets to us all. Take care and forgive yourself like me start again

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep on posting here, there are lots of helpful folks around. I'm having a terrible day too, when stuff like this happens I just try and think that the overall trend is not so bad (good HbA1c) and that I'm trying my best, there's nothing more I can do. As long as I know I've given it my best effort, I don't beat myself up too much about bad numbers. Sometimes these things just happen,you try to fix the situation and then just move on. Take some time to do something you enjoy, I know that when I'm having a particularly bad diabetes day that certainly cheers me up.

JenniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey everyone, I just need to get this this out. I'm so tired of it all, the constant vigilance of my bloods, the constant worry of what's happening to them when I sleep, knowing without a shadow of a doubt that when I wake up I'm going to be in the teens once again and really struggle to get them fown to single figures. I'm tired of the constant calculations and carb counting I'm having to do and knowing that, eveb though I'm really trying, nothing is working. I'm just so tired of it all :'(

Sorry, it's been building up for a while and I just need to let loose a bit before I broke down at work.

Hugs to you. It is so complicated and difficult but we absolutely have to persevere. I don't know the answer anything usefuyl to say other than we all support you and care. Take care babes.

Last edited by a moderator:

JenniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hugs to you. It is so complicated and difficult but we absolutely have to persevere. I don't know the answer anything useful to say other than we all support you and care. Take care babes.

Dearbhla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yep, lots of headspace needed for calculating and pre planning every bite to eat, every run for the bus!

boboblck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Aw I am having the same sort of time ATM. I have only been diagnosed in February and I have been coping fine until now. Recently I am so fed up having to watch what I eat and drink, checking it constantly and guessing what to inject. I can’t believe I have to go on like this for the rest of my life! I’m only 28 now and have to put off having my first child until everything settles, and even then it sound like a nightmare and dangerous.

Why is everyone not given a CGM? A loop? The technology is out there to make it easier yet here most of us still are left to own devices basically. Serious joke.

Anyways. I’m sure will be in better mood tomorrow. Have to get on with it as nothing else to do but cope best we can.