Sugar tax moan

JUNE56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I am becoming increasingly annoyed by shops and pubs raising the price of sugar free drinks to keep the price of 'full fat' varieties down. I have questioned staff in ASDA and our local pub about it. Isn't it defeating the whole reason for a sugar tax? Is this even legal?

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have questioned staff in ASDA and our local pub about it. Isn't it defeating the whole reason for a sugar tax? Is this even legal?
Staff don't make policy decisions why are you giving them a hard time about it.o_O
:bag:

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I am becoming increasingly annoyed by shops and pubs raising the price of sugar free drinks to keep the price of 'full fat' varieties down. I have questioned staff in ASDA and our local pub about it. Isn't it defeating the whole reason for a sugar tax? Is this even legal?
There needs to be a price differential to encourage people to switch if they wouldn't normally make the better choice anyway; but I agree that staff don't make the policy.

JUNE56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't giving them a hard time, just asking the question why? As a customer I think that I have the right to ask. I wasn't rude or abusive.

Reactions: porl69 and dbr10

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a customer I think that I have the right to ask.
Then you have to ask the person who's name is on the side of the building.
Not the one who's name is on their T-shirt.

I completely agree with you and @dbr10 the pricing policy is just a tax on the poor.
Put the prices up to make it harder to buy, so the low/ no sugar should go down to encourage people to buy it.
IF that's the aim to improve peoples health.

Don't know what its like in England just now but in Scotland big bottles of cider have just disappeared of the shelf with the new alcohol per unit price driving them up from £3 to aprox £12 for a bottle. The same pricing policy that would make every bottle of wine cost under £5.

Don't see them doping the price of wine.;)

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Then you have to ask the person who's name is on the side of the building.
Not the one who's name is on their T-shirt.

I completely agree with you and @dbr10 the pricing policy is just a tax on the poor.
Put the prices up to make it harder to buy, so the low/ no sugar should go down to encourage people to buy it.
IF that's the aim to improve peoples health.

Don't know what its like in England just now but in Scotland big bottles of cider have just disappeared of the shelf with the new alcohol per unit price driving them up from £3 to aprox £12 for a bottle. The same pricing policy that would make every bottle of wine cost under £5.

Don't see them doping the price of wine.;)
We might see some smuggling across the boarder

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mourn the passing of the Lucozade hypo recovery drink, minging taste or not , but the rest of the sugar tax doesn't affect me.

D

Deleted Account

the rest of the sugar tax doesn't affect me.
Me neither.
I am not a fan of sweet (sugary or sweeteners), carbonated and, in many cases, highly caffeinated drinks. I would describe most of them as "minging".
Perhaps that's why I've never had a filling.

Reactions: dbr10 and porl69