Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on waking (4.4 going to bed but I over indulged on the wine in the bank holiday sunshine....or I feel it might be a little lower). I had 3 large glasses of the lowest carb white which I read as saivignon blanc. Very nice it was too with lots of ice :) hope you all enjoyed your weekends

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.7 today seem to be getting into the 5s more regularly so must be doing something right !

I tried about 6 very ( 1” dia )small jersey potatoes yesterday cooked in the morning then reheated for dinner later done the same last week with baby potatoes seems to be a good experiment so far

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

5.9 at 5:00 am.

I tried about 6 very ( 1” dia )small jersey potatoes yesterday cooked in the morning then reheated for dinner later done the same last week with baby potatoes seems to be a good experiment so far

Good one Jim, the spud trick is working for you as well.

When do you take the 6 readings?
Fasting, and before and after meals.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

Hope so Don if it is I can put something else on the menu getting fed up with the same old same old ☹️
I have had a win with reheated spuds and pasta, but not in the amounts I used to eat. I have just started eating that lower carb bread in the last few days with success, which certainly tastes better than low carb wraps.

I cannot eat rice any more, even reheating still wacks me up into the 10 mmol/l so that's gone for ever.

Gotta shed load of blood tests coming up in the beginning of June, hopefully the hba1c will be down closer to 5.0% this time.