How quickly should my HBA1C go down?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I meant one pack, with 4 avocados in it for £1.80!
Hopefully that's not a disappointment!!! :)
Thanks, no, it's about what I would expect to pay. In fact I would have been a bit upset to read that someone else was succeeding so much better than me in being a thrifty shopper! (Especially as I don't even much enjoy the wretched avocados and just eat them out of duty.

STARRYNIGHTS

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is where I find WFPB so fascinating - as what I've learned through my research into low carbing is that an excess of fructose that causes a fatty liver - so I limit fruit a lot in my own diet. Before diagnosis I was on Slimming World and eating a lot of fruit. I love avocado - again limited on Slimming World but I can embrace it again now. Sorry not much use in helping!

This short video is interesting on the difference between eating whole fruit, and fructose from other sources : https://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Any fructose is bad for diabetics because it digests in the liver. The liver regards it as toxic (like alcohol) and it is laid down as fat. It is a major cause of fatty livers. Fatty livers lead to insulin resistance and T2 diabetes. Whilst we have fatty livers we will never gain full control of diabetes.

Reactions: dbr10