I'VE NOW LOST 3 STONE AND AM CLEARING OUT MY WARDROBE TODAY!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if I count the weight I was getting back from my jolies pre diagnosis (14 stone 7lbs) I have lost 3 stone (now 11 stone 6lbs). That's in 5 months although most of it came off in the first 3. As I am going on my jolies in a couple of weeks I thought I had better check out what still fits me and what doesn't. It was a work out in itself @ianpspurs !!! Most of the clothes I'm happy to say didn't go back in. Far too big. A holiday dress I loved and could not bear to part with when it became too small fits me like a glove. So im on a mission now to fill the gaps. I really don't like clothes shopping usually but I'm quite looking forward to it this time. I could not have done this without the help and support from the people on this forum. Always someone there who has an answer to a question even if it has been asked 100 times before. Always words of encouragement to be found. I've learned so much. I understand so much. I feel like i have climbed a mountain and reached the summit and am looking out at a whole new world and it looks fantastic (no I haven't been drinking! I'm just feeling happy with life and very lucky). Got my 6 month bloods tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that too!!! Thank you everyone.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s great isn’t it. I’m so glad I was never too efficient at clearing out clothes I’d ‘grown out of’! I have had to buy some new clothes but I’ve also resurrected some older smaller ones :)
I’ve now fallen back in love with clothes shopping, it could get expensive! :joyful::hilarious:
Good luck with your blood test tomorrow x

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Oh, that is such good news, lass. Well done on all fronts.

Where you going on your hols? Hope it's somewhere where you can show off the New You. Enjoy!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of the clothes I'm happy to say didn't go back in. Far too big. A holiday dress I loved and could not bear to part with when it became too small fits me like a glove. So im on a mission now to fill the gaps.I understand so much. I feel like i have climbed a mountain and reached the summit and am looking out at a whole new world and it looks fantastic (no I haven't been drinking! I'm just feeling happy with life and very lucky). Got my 6 month bloods tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that too!!! Thank you everyone.
@Debandez That is great news - really pleased for you. Along with many others I too have had to clear out and restock a wardrobe. Expensive but very satisfying. Well done young'un:)

Reactions: ickihun

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant isn't it!! However, I had to do it more than once, so beware this could happen to you, too. :) I went down from 18s to 10s and it got very expensive! But no more loose fitting tents in the wardrobe, and back to bright colours, horizontal stripes and fitted waists. Bliss, although the purse got empty very quickly.

Enjoy your new clothes, new shape, and have a wonderful holiday. :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s great isn’t it. I’m so glad I was never too efficient at clearing out clothes I’d ‘grown out of’! I have had to buy some new clothes but I’ve also resurrected some older smaller ones :)
I’ve now fallen back in love with clothes shopping, it could get expensive! :joyful::hilarious:
Good luck with your blood test tomorrow x
You have been here too and have the t-shirt (what a very apt saying lol). I have given my visa card a little pep talk and told him to brace himself. He is going to be very busy over the next 2 weeks! Thanks Rachel.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez Congratulations. I never had any smaller size clothes because I had been overweight (size 16) all my life (nearly 71 years old now) so all my clothes are new. OH complains that he has trouble sorting out the underwear after the laundry because my knickers are so small. Charity shops were a godsend when I was losing. Found one dress at the back of the wardrobe this morning, size 12, now too big.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant isn't it!! However, I had to do it more than once, so beware this could happen to you, too. :) I went down from 18s to 10s and it got very expensive! But no more loose fitting tents in the wardrobe, and back to bright colours, horizontal stripes and fitted waists. Bliss, although the purse got empty very quickly.

Enjoy your new clothes, new shape, and have a wonderful holiday. :)
I didn't realise how much I had put on to be honest. I'm tall at 5 feet 10. So it was spread out! But it's come off all over too so off the hanger clothes should be perfect. I am a size 12 or 14 now down from an 18 and sometimes 20. It feels great. Thanks.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez Congratulations. I never had any smaller size clothes because I had been overweight (size 16) all my life (nearly 71 years old now) so all my clothes are new. OH complains that he has trouble sorting out the underwear after the laundry because my knickers are so small. Charity shops were a godsend when I was losing. Found one dress at the back of the wardrobe this morning, size 12, now too big.
Well my OH doesn't struggle finding my under arm heaters! First thing on my list is new knickers! And bras. My over shoulder bolder holders are redundant lol. You have done amazing.

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
if I count the weight I was getting back from my jolies pre diagnosis (14 stone 7lbs) I have lost 3 stone (now 11 stone 6lbs). That's in 5 months although most of it came off in the first 3. As I am going on my jolies in a couple of weeks I thought I had better check out what still fits me and what doesn't. It was a work out in itself @ianpspurs !!! Most of the clothes I'm happy to say didn't go back in. Far too big. A holiday dress I loved and could not bear to part with when it became too small fits me like a glove. So im on a mission now to fill the gaps. I really don't like clothes shopping usually but I'm quite looking forward to it this time. I could not have done this without the help and support from the people on this forum. Always someone there who has an answer to a question even if it has been asked 100 times before. Always words of encouragement to be found. I've learned so much. I understand so much. I feel like i have climbed a mountain and reached the summit and am looking out at a whole new world and it looks fantastic (no I haven't been drinking! I'm just feeling happy with life and very lucky). Got my 6 month bloods tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that too!!! Thank you everyone.

Have done the same (well not quite as 2.5 stone) but got the new wardrobe - even bought the wrong size to start off with as thought not possible for me to now be the same weight as 20 years ago!

Reactions: Serena51 and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't cha just love round figures. Mine isn't quite as round as it was 6 months ago that said!!! Today's round figure is 40. The total lbs I've lost on my diet!!!! Who would have thought that just 2 pieces of a big bar of chocolate could ever satisfy me. I could refuse chips and ask for salad instead. I could live without buttered toasted tea cakes of the Sainsbury's ilk. I could have one small glass of wine at the weekend and not want to polish the bottle off. I could enjoy cooking
Have done the same (well not quite as 2.5 stone) but got the new wardrobe - even bought the wrong size to start off with as thought not possible for me to now be the same weight as 20 years ago!
Well done you too. It's a great feeling.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff @Debandez congratulations! It is a great feeling isn’t it? I’be gone from a 24/26 to a 10/12 and am on first name terms with the manager of the local charity shop!

It is certainly expensive - I’m still getting used to being able to go into any shop and find things I like and that fit me. Credit cards will have to start staying at home.

Keep posting your successes - so motivational to hear from others.

Reactions: Debandez

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
It’s expensive alright. That’s why you have to fast. Only way to save money lol

Well done Debz

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff @Debandez congratulations! It is a great feeling isn’t it? I’be gone from a 24/26 to a 10/12 and am on first name terms with the manager of the local charity shop!

It is certainly expensive - I’m still getting used to being able to go into any shop and find things I like and that fit me. Credit cards will have to start staying at home.

Keep posting your successes - so motivational to hear from others.
Wow! That's inspirational! Well done @Goonergal