Chloe22292

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had type 1 diabetes since 2003 and it’s has always been quite badly controlled.
Over the past few years I have been more aware of the affects of poor control and have been trying my hardest to keep it in control.
This morning I had a blood sugar reading of 32.0. This is after fasting for 12 hours and taking my background insulin before bed last night.
I have spent my morning looking into CBD oil as I am willing to try anything to help me get my blood sugars down to my target. Has anyone tried it and if you have, did you notice a difference ?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think CBD oil can hep in many ways but it just sounds like you need more insulin in this case...

starting with your background.......what was your pre bedtime test at?

Reactions: kev-w

Marissa 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had type 1 diabetes since 2003 and it’s has always been quite badly controlled.
Over the past few years I have been more aware of the affects of poor control and have been trying my hardest to keep it in control.
This morning I had a blood sugar reading of 32.0. This is after fasting for 12 hours and taking my background insulin before bed last night.
I have spent my morning looking into CBD oil as I am willing to try anything to help me get my blood sugars down to my target. Has anyone tried it and if you have, did you notice a difference ?
Have you also looked at the plant Gynura Procumbens. I grow and eat this during the day and it seems to have an effect. I dont know if you can get it where you live but worth looking. I also spoke to my doctor before eating this and luckily she is also a natural food freak like me.

alaska

I have tried CBD oil -for reasons other than diabetes- and I've found it's generally led to slightly lower blood sugar levels.

Some background about how my levels are outside of using the oil:
I tend to have quite brittle diabetes as a result of anxiety. I get quite pronounced swings in blood glucose from time to time, despite eating relatively low carbohydrate. Sometimes my levels are great, sometimes they're irritatingly high for a week or few.

When using CBD oil:
I haven't been using CBD oil for long and don't use it daily. When I have used it, I go for a decent dose of it. The upper limit recommended on the bottle/box.

In the handful of times I've used it thus far, it seems to have been helpful for taking the edge off anxiety and increasing my world awareness (not overly caught in worries or threats), plus I have noticed a general trend towards better blood sugar when I have used the oil.

As far as I'm concerned, the jury in my head is still deciding whether the CBD oil is having that effect itself or whether it has been a placebo effect. One can't really tell too easily :)

Best wishes
Ed

Type 1 diabetes since Dec 1992
Multiple daily injections (very frequent injecting of small doses)
Following relatively low carb diet (Under 100g carbs per day)

Reactions: RAPS_od and Gates

jimh8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I take a 1000 mg capsule every day it does seem to help but with your reading 32.0 I would push for a medication revue Jim H

Reactions: RAPS_od

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

What was your reading before bed and what basal insulin do you use? Either you are taking way too low of a dose or have extreme dawn phenomenon. Are you able to get a Libre or Dexcom? You need to find out what is going on, CBD might help with coping with such high blood sugars mentally and physically, but your insulin regemin is the problem.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Have you also looked at the plant Gynura Procumbens. I grow and eat this during the day and it seems to have an effect. I dont know if you can get it where you live but worth looking. I also spoke to my doctor before eating this and luckily she is also a natural food freak like me.

This herbal 'remedy' has Metformin like qualities as shown in rat studies. Not sure how much help it would be to a person with T1D experiencing very high bg levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3642444/

QPR4Me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Exercise machines and Gyms. Avoid like the plague.
Is this in mmol/mol or %, as if it's the latter, you need medical attention very much sooner than later!!
Secondly, forgive my stupidity but just what is CBD Oil?

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This is after fasting for 12 hours and taking my background insulin before bed last night.

I would say that perhaps fasting for 12 hours is not the best thing. Also with numbers around 32, these are dangerously high. If you're still eating a high carb diet you will need to be taking insulin other than just background to control your sugars. I'd say you need an app0ointment urgently with your DNS to discuss your next moves, rather than grasping for stuff like CBD oil. A) It's very expensive and B) It seems to only have minor effects on blood sugar control, if any.

susyross

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who don't make the effort to be healthy
Good afternoon, I have been using CDB instead of any type of pain medication and it works for me. Like everything else it may or may not work for you. I no longer have blood sugar issues due to or rather thanks to my pancreatic transplant, but I NEVER take pain meds.. I have had surgery with no meds, dental extractions and implants with no meds, so my opinion on CBD oil is that it is awesome. You need very little but it is very expensive. With regards to controlling blood sugar, you may want to look more at your insulin therapy and you diet. Better get that under control or you will suffer the consequences later. I wish you all the best and never give up :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cannabis oil; with the THC component removed.

Is that like a non alcoholic lager then :p

Cannabidiol (INN;[3] abbreviated as: CBD) is one of at least 113 cannabinoids identified in cannabis.[4][5] It is a major phytocannabinoid, accounting for up to 40% of the plant's extract.[6] CBD does not appear to have any psychoactive effects such as those caused by tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). It may have a downregulating impact on disordered thinking and anxiety.[7] Potential uses are the subject of ongoing research.[8]

Cannabidiol use appears to be safe, but a 2017 review recommended larger and longer human trials before a definitive conclusion is reached.[9] One animal study reported that co-administration with THC potentiated the effects of THC.[10] One possible mechanism is by competing for the THC receptor sites.[11]
Wiki quote...

I've never tried CBD oil tbh but doubt it would lower blood sugar on its own.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaintom

Th3rdroc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Chloe, 32 is pretty high, I suggest seeing your doc asap. It sounds like you need a different regime. As far as CBD oil is concerned, I urge great caution. There is no clear evidence (ie not anecdotal stories) that it is at all effective. There are cases of adulaterated oil (ie containing harmful additives). Buying medication from the internet is fraught with danger, please be careful. At best, it may not hurt you. There may even be a placebo effect. At worst, well, almost anything. Good luck,

Reactions: Serena51

natmcc10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I agree it helps with physical and mental issues as I used to run high a lot and have very bad mood changes/headaches witch made me not care about looking after myself and sleeping the days away but with CBD it relaxed me to keep motivated to keep going and taking enough injections but didn’t help lower my bloods I’m afraid it’s all about enough insulin, all the best x

Reactions: RAPS_od

NickP 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using cannabis since 15 years old, I am now 62. I have also had type 1 since 13 years old. I have no diabetic retinopathy and my sugars have always been well controlled. I firmly believe that cannabis has helped with my condition (also helps me cope mentally), the only time it hasn't helped is when I've suffered the punishment of the law and been locked up with no access to my personal regime and suffering at the hands of a cheap duty Dr. Blood sugars running at or above 20mmol/ml and he said I must be sneaking cakes! By all means try cannabis to help with the condition, you may find it helps physically, you may find it helps mentally. It ALWAYS helps nonetheless.

Sj 036

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This morning I had a blood sugar reading of 32.0. This is after fasting for 12 hours and taking my background insulin before bed last

Sj 036

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using cannabis since 15 years old, I am now 62. I have also had type 1 since 13 years old. I have no diabetic retinopathy and my sugars have always been well controlled. I firmly believe that cannabis has helped with my condition (also helps me cope mentally), the only time it hasn't helped is when I've suffered the punishment of the law and been locked up with no access to my personal regime and suffering at the hands of a cheap duty Dr. Blood sugars running at or above 20mmol/ml and he said I must be sneaking cakes! By all means try cannabis to help with the condition, you may find it helps physically, you may find it helps mentally. It ALWAYS helps nonetheless.

So I have been using CBD oil for both diabetes type two and also pain management for cancer, I found it helps to manage my appetite and is also excellent for pain especially with joins.

The main problem was sourcing good quality CBD oil which had not been too watered down. I managed to find a supplier I. The web lovec21.com. Hope this helps

Reactions: Spencer67

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have spent my morning looking into CBD oil as I am willing to try anything to help me get my blood sugars down to my target. Has anyone tried it and if you have, did you
I have been using CBD oil for over a year, and found it really effective for the inflammation in my toes, the neuropathy and very inflamed Achilles tendon’s that I’ve had for years. I do not know how effective it is for blood glucose. I also found that it relieved a lot of anxiety depression that I was suffering. No negative side effects whatsoever.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been using CBD oil for over a year now, mainly to help with the pain from diabetic neuropathy and find that not only does it reall help with pain relief, it also has a fairly marked effect in stabilising my BG.
I also use Berberine which has been shown to have beneficial a effect on BG levels in both type 1 and 2
Mother Nature knows best, but ALWAYS keep your GP or diabetic professional in the loop.

Reactions: Spencer67

northmen24

Type of diabetes
LADA
I took a high CBD and low THC oil for a few months for arthritic pain relief. Unfortunately, it didn't reduce my pain and I didn't notice any difference in my blood glucose levels.