Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really starting to think fbg is not a useful measure for me. The second reading of the day is my highest average over about a month and a half now. Just tested 2 hrs after 2 cups of tea with double cream and 5.4. This after an hour walk after taking fbg - 4.7 I do not like that rise one bit but am happy enough with fbg. Whinge over but I know Fung says it is a natural Keto adaption - insulin sparing? - anyone else have this issue or have solutions please?

Tagging @shelley262 as I’m sure she said she doesn’t find it useful either, and she is a legend.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tagging @shelley262 as I’m sure she said she doesn’t find it useful either, and she is a legend.
@DJC3 Thanks - head has obviously cleared by now! :angelic: Interestingly, the Morrisons in our nearest town are sold out of the Chianti recommended in that Telegraph link! They do have some interesting looking Cahor Malbec which will go very nicely with the flat iron steaks we bought!

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really starting to think fbg is not a useful measure for me. The second reading of the day is my highest average over about a month and a half now. Just tested 2 hrs after 2 cups of tea with double cream and 5.4. This after an hour walk after taking fbg - 4.7 I do not like that rise one bit but am happy enough with fbg. Whinge over but I know Fung says it is a natural Keto adaption - insulin sparing? - anyone else have this issue or have solutions please?

many times type 2 diabetics have a very active overproducing liver which turns proteins into blood glucose and also releases extra blood glucose when we wake up or if we suddenly are much lower in average blood glucose than ones body is used to, it can very possibly be your liver that thinks you need some extra energy as you are much lower than your body was used to for a very long time when being too high in blood glucose most of the time, just keep your nose in your track , you are doing all the right to control your diabetes...

you could also try to exhaust your liver by a fat fast where you fats for more days and only eat fat or drink it in bulletproof coffee.. then your liver will be exhausted form its reserves

Reactions: ianpspurs

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
It's tradition which is so hard to break. Treat with food. It didn't help we had hubbys brother for dinner and i always buy in a dessert. Bad timing to have a dessert readily available on a milestone day. I could hear it shouting 'eat me' so I just had to oblige!!! But I'm going to try and break with tradition and go with the alternative treat suggestion. Thanks :)
I understand completely :)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.1 at 5:45 on a rather cool Saturday morning the temps has dropped down to single digits at 9° C.

We might get a couple of days of winter early, although its still autumn for a couple more weeks so time to put the doona on the bed.

Not that much different here mate still having to put the heating on sometimes

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doesn’t help that much at least so my dad used to say the wife thinks it cold all the time I can be sitting there sweating and she’s wanting the heating on can’t win

Reactions: DJC3

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doesn’t help that much at least so my dad used to say the wife thinks it cold all the time I can be sitting there sweating and she’s wanting the heating on can’t win

I put a t shirt on when it gets a bit cool.

I should claim the heating allowance off the Brit gubberment that they give the OAP at xmas time. :D