carbs poll

On average how many carbs do you eat a day?

• 0-40

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • 41-80

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 81-120

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 121-200

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 201+ Comment with number

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't eat carbs

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
in grams and please share your thoughts...

* Please also let us know if you are an Non-Insulin-Dependent DM or Insulin-Dependent DM.

Thank you very much in advance for your participation and contribution.

Last edited:

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@bulkbiker @britishpub I am open to your valuable suggestions to revise the figures for the options. Some possible responses are far away higher for Low-Carb Diet, which is there to create an awareness for solely comparison reasons when we get higher attendance and some significant results.

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@ Bluetit1802 You are absolutely right. For either of the cases. Message is taken. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to vote 41-80, but I never go over 60! Just on Metformin.

Reactions: luv2spin

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are you doing this survey for your own interest or a project? There seems to be a few of these "surveys" popping up lately, which I find curious.....I believe someone mentioned on another one of these threads that this is the property of diabetes.co.uk, so I would wonder if proper channels have been followed if this is for research purposes....therefore, "I am out" as they say on Dragon's Den!!

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@lindijanice I am doing this poll for not only my own interest but, for the benefit of the other community members on the forum who wish to benefit out of it. It is definitely not part of a project or such. These questionnaire options are part of the threads we are posting and they are for us to use and this is my first trial. I have seen a similar poll on a US Diabetes community and I was amazed to see that, although it was low-carb too, members were getting just carried away and consuming far too many carbs than they should be doing for their health and this kind of polls was just trying to put them on the right track again when they see the accumulated results and reading the comments.

I am very happy that you are curious and we all benefit of your curiosity.

Thank you some much for taking your time of writing your views.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was amazed to see that, although it was low-carb too, members were getting just carried away and consuming far too many carbs than they should be doing for their health and this kind of polls was just trying to put them on the right track again when they see the accumulated results and reading the comments.
We are all different and can consume varying amounts of carbs. I base the number I eat on my BG levels and not on what other people consume!! I'm sorry but I'm struggling to see the purpose of this.

Reactions: Bigbumcooper

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@lindijanice I am doing this poll for not only my own interest but, for the benefit of the other community members on the forum who wish to benefit out of it. It is definitely not part of a project or such. These questionnaire options are part of the threads we are posting and they are for us to use and this is my first trial. I have seen a similar poll on a US Diabetes community and I was amazed to see that, although it was low-carb too, members were getting just carried away and consuming far too many carbs than they should be doing for their health and this kind of polls was just trying to put them on the right track again when they see the accumulated results and reading the comments.

I am very happy that you are curious and we all benefit of your curiosity.

Thank you some much for taking your time of writing your views.

Fair enough - thank you for the clarification and your honesty. I will answer the poll - between 20 - 40 gms/day:) I would just add that many consider "low carb" to be anything under 100gm/day so I think we have to be careful with how we view those who have differing amounts of carb intake than ourselves. We are all so individualistic in how many carbs and what kind of carbs we can tolerate and what meds we do or do not take, that a mere "number" doesn't really tell us much.....

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just an observation but you seem to be asking a lot from members whilst not sharing much info about yourself - you don't even share what type of diabetes you have - for me its a two way street so sorry but I'm out :)

D

Deleted member 308541

I did not mark the survey as I think it's pointless, as are most polls /surveys on this forum.

There is never any breakdown / analyse of the results given. :meh:

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I try to keep the carbs between 30 and 50g, more towards the lower end, so I voted for the first option.