pizza :(

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps they're selling different ones in Belgium but all 3 varieties of Quaker Super Goodness have demerara sugar as the second ingredient in the UK. The 'of which sugars' value is 25%~ of the total carb value across the varieties.

This is, of course, not true of the standard Jumbo rolled oats.

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps they're selling different ones in Belgium but all 3 varieties of Quaker Super Goodness have demerara sugar as the second ingredient in the UK. The 'of which sugars' value is 25%~ of the total carb value across the varieties.

This is, of course, not true of the standard Jumbo rolled oats.
Yeah that is of course sad if they 'pollute' the nice natural grains like that. :)

I just went to see what they are called here in France and on the box it just says "Oats Express" on the natural version of it.
Only ingredient is the full oat grain and nothing else. Don't know what term you use in English for it, but its just 'rolled' oat grains.

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see it as a treat and enjoy a large Dominos, but have to take >20 units NovaRapid. Yummy though.

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see it as a treat and enjoy a large Dominos, but have to take >20 units NovaRapid. Yummy though.
Er, dude, it's a once a month treat if you're healthy.

With diabetes it pizza sounds like slow suicide from what I have read.

D

Deleted Account

High BG is slow suicide.
If you can manage your BG (with split bolus as mentioned above, for example), diabetes is no reason to avoid pizza.
Sure, eating it every day is probably not great. But that has nothing to do with diabetes.

And, whilst some may think I am in denial, I consider myself healthy.
Diabetes is something I have to manage not something which makes me unhealthy.

Reactions: Dodo

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
High BG is slow suicide.
If you can manage your BG (with split bolus as mentioned above, for example), diabetes is no reason to avoid pizza.
Sure, eating it every day is probably not great. But that has nothing to do with diabetes.

And, whilst some may think I am in denial, I consider myself healthy.
Diabetes is something I have to manage not something which makes me unhealthy.
I got some good advice when I was diagnosed last year and that was to try and continue my life as normally as possible. Yes, changes have had to be made but if I hadn't tried to carry on as normal then I wouldn't know what I can and cannot do now I'm on insulin. So I know I can manage pizza, but I also know that pasta is a nightmare. Potatoes and rice are fine, bread is OK in moderation (especially in the morning) but I am getting resigned to never having spaghetti again - even if I keep the BG levels under control it leaves me feeling like I've been hit by a train the following day!

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Er, dude, I am healthy, just happen to have T1, and enjoy the odd carbs blowout. I don't see it as slow suicide, my BG is under control, I take the right amount of insulin generally, and enjoy a lot of exercise and sports.