Type 2 and chronic fatigue syndrome

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
And we all know not due to obesity as I wouldn't say your weight to height would construe that.
I'd understand if I was tired due to my overweight weight. Definitely not you thou.
Since Wednesday his bgs have been in the 8s. No double figures like they have been . Even after eating a large plate of southern fried chicken and curly fries.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Since Wednesday his bgs have been in the 8s. No double figures like they have been . Even after eating a large plate of southern fried chicken and curly fries.
Wednesday was when the stress of diagnosis left him?

newlifehelp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone else struggle with this, and what are your coping strategies?
I have had my medication changed to pioglitazone and sitagliptin and the combination after a few weeks has completely floored me. I am over weight but never had any issues with walking any distance or generally rushing around at my work. But now my sleep routine is rubbish, up to the toilet at least 3 times in the night to pee, and any walking that involves even a slight up hill walk leaves me with chest pains and complete breathlessness. And at 54 and no period for 4 years I have started a slight bleed. I just don't know if this is a result of the new medication or just a coincidence.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have had my medication changed to pioglitazone and sitagliptin and the combination after a few weeks has completely floored me. I am over weight but never had any issues with walking any distance or generally rushing around at my work. But now my sleep routine is rubbish, up to the toilet at least 3 times in the night to pee, and any walking that involves even a slight up hill walk leaves me with chest pains and complete breathlessness. And at 54 and no period for 4 years I have started a slight bleed. I just don't know if this is a result of the new medication or just a coincidence.
What drugs have the new ones replaced? Metformin?

Ps. Get your iron and b12 levels checked out.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I'm still recovering from the examination on Wednesday I think , still have chronic pain all over my body and still not sleeping well.
But I'm still trying to fight this with what energy I do have and trying to keep myself busy with doing the odd bits of planting of the seedlings I've grown.
Thanks to you all for your kind words and support and wishing you all at least 1 good day free of CFS this week

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm still recovering from the examination on Wednesday I think , still have chronic pain all over my body and still not sleeping well.
But I'm still trying to fight this with what energy I do have and trying to keep myself busy with doing the odd bits of planting of the seedlings I've grown.
Thanks to you all for your kind words and support and wishing you all at least 1 good day free of CFS this week
I'm hearing with some good management tips it can get manageable some days.
Here's to a new routine but a beneficial one.
My medical team want me not obese before investigating further. I'm on same meds anyway thou.
This dihydrocodeine instead of tramadol is causing loads of inflammation. Tramadol is best but I'm resistant to it now. :(

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I'm hearing with some good management tips it can get manageable some days.
Here's to a new routine but a beneficial one.
My medical team want me not obese before investigating further. I'm on same meds anyway thou.
This dihydrocodeine instead of tramadol is causing loads of inflammation. Tramadol is best but I'm resistant to it now. :(
Ask if your doc will do as mine does Vicky and rotate the tramadol and dihydrocodeine every 3 months , it does help keep the edge of the pain. I did ask for gas & air but they wouldn't give it on prescription.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ask if your doc will do as mine does Vicky and rotate the tramadol and dihydrocodeine every 3 months , it does help keep the edge of the pain. I did ask for gas & air but they wouldn't give it on prescription.
I'm only able to tramadol that long before I'm resistant anyway.
We are hoping this drug will be as successful as my first year on tramadol.
I need the consistency. Mind u hoping just a few weeks before I'm cleared to meet bariatric surgeon. Hoping after op I'll need less pain relief. We are all having our fingers crossed.
My back pain is horrific without meds. It's scary how pain relief is stopping the spasms which was my body reacting to the pain. My only worry is ibuprofen and whether I should be using it but it does help. But had chest pain last week again but checked out OK. A very slow wait for a blood test to be back. Ecg was good too so I'm wondering if off inflammation from drugs. I was like the Michelin Man yesterday after 8 dihydrocodeine tablets, the day before. I was able to help in the house, for a few minutes for a change. I still had to rest thou but breathing has been fantastic but because of recent inflammation it kicked off my asthma.
I don't suppose I can have it perfect.
How are you managing? Any tips for us?

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I'm only able to tramadol that long before I'm resistant anyway.
We are hoping this drug will be as successful as my first year on tramadol.
I need the consistency. Mind u hoping just a few weeks before I'm cleared to meet bariatric surgeon. Hoping after op I'll need less pain relief. We are all having our fingers crossed.
My back pain is horrific without meds. It's scary how pain relief is stopping the spasms which was my body reacting to the pain. My only worry is ibuprofen and whether I should be using it but it does help. But had chest pain last week again but checked out OK. A very slow wait for a blood test to be back. Ecg was good too so I'm wondering if off inflammation from drugs. I was like the Michelin Man yesterday after 8 dihydrocodeine tablets, the day before. I was able to help in the house, for a few minutes for a change. I still had to rest thou but breathing has been fantastic but because of recent inflammation it kicked off my asthma.
I don't suppose I can have it perfect.
How are you managing? Any tips for us?
I wouldn't say I'm coping Vicky everything is still a struggle. The only thing I have learnt so far is, don't plan anything and don't expect to do what you used to do.
There will be days that you don't have the energy to lift a loaf of bread without screaming in pain and there will be days that you feel you can be normal for the day but you will pay for it for the next few days .
For every good day you have you will end up bed bound for the next three days paying for that one good day.
Baby steps is the way from now on , I know I have set my goal of returning to work but I know that this a big goal to reach and it will take years not weeks to hopefully reach this goal and being honest I know I won't be able to return to my old job.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't say I'm coping Vicky everything is still a struggle. The only thing I have learnt so far is, don't plan anything and don't expect to do what you used to do.
There will be days that you don't have the energy to lift a loaf of bread without screaming in pain and there will be days that you feel you can be normal for the day but you will pay for it for the next few days .
For every good day you have you will end up bed bound for the next three days paying for that one good day.
Baby steps is the way from now on , I know I have set my goal of returning to work but I know that this a big goal to reach and it will take years not weeks to hopefully reach this goal and being honest I know I won't be able to return to my old job.

Eldergarth - Have you looked at Spoon Theory? There's oddles about it on t'internet. In brief it's a way of trying to manages your available energy, and to help you explain it to others who may not understand what you're doing.

This image is just an illustration of the theory in action. How many spoons you have in any given day, and the value you attribute to your daily activities is a very personal thing, but when it was explained to me by someone with ME, it made all manner of sense.

For years, she lived her life by this theory and still does, only these days she has more spoons, which makes the management of them easier. She found this allowed her to reduce her number of bed or sofa bound days, and when invited to do something quite different, help her to work out how much of any given activity she'd be able to do.

image.jpeg

Applying the image above, it you have 12 spoons a day, then getting out of bed, showering, dressing and manages your meds "spends" 6 of your 12 spoons, so you only have 6 spoons left over for anything else you want to do.