Reactions: Struma

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Not really appropriate bringing an apple for the teachers at the start of the term, but congratulations to all on the panel and all those who have made the forum what it is!

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congrats to the new and returning mods.

One thing I will like to mention all of the new ones are from the UK, I hope @Administrator has got a good / better Plan A for the Chinee Spammer bots.

I agree,I was also sad to see @Mike D wasn't chosen,along with his value as a potential mod in the timezone that would be invaluable to dealing with UK nighttime spam- He's also a very switched on decent guy who could have bought a lot of good to the forum and he also has a good radar for spotting trolls imo and would have spotted Mr/Mrs "Robbieswan" before it went as far as it did.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Do I have to make a speech?! :joyful::hilarious:
No seriously, I’m really touched that people wanted to vote for little old me. Thank you for putting your confidence in me. I will do my utmost to serve you all well :)

Edit: sorry, forgetting my manners, too excited! Congratulations to my fellow successful mods!
I voted for you..... so cut me some slack please lol

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
@andcol , @tim2000s , @Enclave , thanks for your help over the past couple of years, I hope you will be contributing to the forums going forward.

Hello to @catapillar , @Rachox and @Diakat , looking forward to seeing your new colours soon.

To everyone else, looks like you're stuck with me for a while longer....:wacky:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The purpose of this thread is not to unpick the results of a poll, but to inform the forum of our new Mods. Those continue to use this thread as a vehicle for criticism will have their posts edited or removed and if necessary, the thread will be closed.

Edited because the original didn't make sense!

Last edited:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I agree,I was also sad to see @Mike D wasn't chosen,along with his value as a potential mod in the timezone that would be invaluable to dealing with UK nighttime spam- He's also a very switched on decent guy who could have bought a lot of good to the forum and he also has a good radar for spotting trolls imo and would have spotted Mr/Mrs "Robbieswan" before it went as far as it did.

So very kind of you to say that @simon 84 .... so thank you for your support as it's much appreciated. It is what it is and no problems whatsoever. The new mods will be up for it, of that I'm certain :)

Last edited:

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Reactions: urbanracer

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done, everyone.

Thank you all for agreeing to put your energy this way.
To all retired Mods, thank you too.

I'm looking forward to the forum future. Know for sure the Chinese New posts will be a pain to repeativily clear but hopefully the only one.
Well done..... everyone.

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations to both the new and returnings mods. Retiring mods grab a cup of tea and a low carb biscuit you truely have earned a rest :):)

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Splendid! Well done to the new chaps and chapesses! Although I have to say the level of public speaking is pitiful ;) Thank you to the retiring Mods and enjoy the free Lambo. :D

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Welcome new mods, it's good to have you on board. Well done all those who were nominated, and glad to see our retiring colleagues will be sticking around too, we are all one community so in reality there's no real differences apart from a label :)

Reactions: urbanracer

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to everyone new. Thanks to all retiring and existing mods for all your sterling work.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Best wishes to all.:)

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So very kind of you to say that @simon 84 .... so thank you for your support as it's much appreciated. It is what it is and no problems whatsoever. The new mods will be up for it, of that I'm certain :)

Hopefully my less hours of bad sleep won't need monitoring after all. However I would have been in safe hands with you. Maybe next time?