Bad reaction to Libre

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok so I've used the Libre on and off for several years now (more off than on actually!) First few were great, and then I started reacting to the adhesive, I tried opsite patch and reacted through that, I tried compeed blister plasters and reacted to the Libre where I had cut a hole in the plaster, whether it was the reaction that causes it not to stick I don't know even with a large tagederm or opsite over the top, I'm willing to try firing straight through the compeed. How and what do people use to keep the compeed stuck and in place?

Any other barrier methods? beconase spray I guess but I'm doubtful about that, anyone tried a wig glue?

D

Deleted Account

Sorry I don't have any other suggestions ... more a word of caution.
When I had a trial of the Libre, I was told to make sure the area where the sensor went in was cleaned thoroughly with the wipe and to make sure there was no barrier solution/spray on the area as this could be inserted with the sensor and affect the readings.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I had the same issue with libre and my pump. There is one on the nhs called cavilion but it didn't work for me. I pay for mine called skin tac. For me it's awesome and I've had no problems since using it with it staying on and/or barrior