ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi All,
I wondered if anyone else had to switch from days to waking nights whilst adding in the complication of weight watchers,
Finding it really hard to balance both blood sugars and points and that awful craving to eat crisps when on a night or chocolate.

Also I use hypurin porcine so if blood sugar going low I cannot just turn off pump or drop basal as it take 2 hours to effect blood sugars.
I wondered what food you take in with you
roughly what times you tend to eat and especially on the first and last day.
I think I am doing ok but thought there might be someone out there in the same position that has experience they are willing to share please.

At present I have had to set up the bolus rate for pump as blood sugars were soaring as I haven't ever had to set it before. Hoping that tonight it will be right- although I know I need to eat grapes before I go into work as the extra activity meant I was low by 10 which when heading to bed isn't a normal problem .
with thanks in advance

andi140373

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can’t offer much advice about the insulin changes but I would switch from weight watchers to Slimming World. Virtually no counting needed and so much easier to follow. You may even be able to get a GP referral for 12 weeks free. I’ve lost six stone with them and the impact on my diabetes management has been huge. My background insulin dose has dropped from 46 units to 12! The eating plan called food optimising is what everyone should be following anyway so it’s all about eating as much of the ‘free food’ as you want which is what greatly reduces the amount of counting needed.

Reactions: gemma_T1