Asking for advice

Natalie1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

Im thinking about getting an apple watch either series 1 or 3 as you can use the dexcom app for data of your blood sugars.

Will it work with either one of those series?

Hope everyone is having a good day:)

Reactions: Freema

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
https://www.dexcom.com/faq/what-devices-and-software-are-compatible-dexcom-cgm-apps

Yes both series 1 and series 3 are supported. However, Apple Watch series 1 can’t be updated past WatchOS 3, this means series 1 can loose support later on, if dexcom update to only WatchOS 4 or higher, not likely but there is always a risk with biting older hardware.

Second, Apple Watch requires an IOS based device to eun dexcom, but I guess you already have an iPhone since you considered Apple Watch, so that won’t be a problem.

So short answer, yes both will work with dexcom, but series 1 are getting old, so I would personally go for series 3 because it is newer, and because series 1 still are «expensive» for being that «old» :)

Reactions: Natalie1993

Natalie1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
https://www.dexcom.com/faq/what-devices-and-software-are-compatible-dexcom-cgm-apps

Yes both series 1 and series 3 are supported. However, Apple Watch series 1 can’t be updated past WatchOS 3, this means series 1 can loose support later on, if dexcom update to only WatchOS 4 or higher, not likely but there is always a risk with biting older hardware.

Second, Apple Watch requires an IOS based device to eun dexcom, but I guess you already have an iPhone since you considered Apple Watch, so that won’t be a problem.

So short answer, yes both will work with dexcom, but series 1 are getting old, so I would personally go for series 3 because it is newer, and because series 1 still are «expensive» for being that «old» :)
Thank you very much for your reply, yeah i will most likely be getting the series 3, hoping my dad will go halves with me for an early birthday present! Hah! Then i will eventually work on getting the dexcom sorted too, thanks again for your reply :)