Hospital Stay [emoji37]

callieuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Felt fab until 12.30 yesterday lunch. Suddenly had sudden symptoms of a stroke - scary! After much toing and froing and a CT scan they decided it wasn't but is a rare form of migraine. Thankfully today it was about gone, I'd regained the use of my right side and my speech has almost returned - phew! Just a few more tablets to take now.

On the plus side my blood glucose was 6.5 and my ketones were 0.1 (no idea if that is good or bad?).

Just waiting to go home

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
I had a friend that had this class of migraine, but his paralysis was more general, although it didn't last for long. It must be horrible, but at least if it does happen again you know what it is now and that no matter how nasty it is, it will pass.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Good to hear that you are OK.

callieuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a friend that had this class of migraine, but his paralysis was more general, although it didn't last for long. It must be horrible, but at least if it does happen again you know what it is now and that no matter how nasty it is, it will pass.
It certainly scared a few at work! Thankfully home now and I hope never to have another. Paralysis down right side and my speech was just gobbledy gook although in my head it was perfect!

Just glad to be on my sofa :)

Reactions: Concordjan

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
my ketones were 0.1 (no idea if that is good or bad?).

Mr Google says "The acceptable range for blood ketones is less than 0.6 mmol/L."

So pleased your scare wasn't worse than it was. Take care.

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had a stay in hospital having a total knee replacement. I was given a bed then an hour later a meal so I tested my blood, oh wow all hell broke loose my test and insulin bag was taken away and LOCKED in a metal box beside my bed.
I asked how do I test and take insulin I was told it will all be done for me.
In the two weeks I was in never was I given insulin even after a row with doctor.
After op I did not come round for two days and one night they tested my blood it was 2.1 they got me a cup of tea and two Bisquits, I said ghats not enough told tough.
Handy I had glucose tabs, if I died that night I wonder what would be on the death certificate ?????
It should have said incompidince

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a stay in hospital having a total knee replacement. I was given a bed then an hour later a meal so I tested my blood, oh wow all hell broke loose my test and insulin bag was taken away and LOCKED in a metal box beside my bed.
In the two weeks I was in never was I given insulin even after a row with doctor.
After op I did not come round for two days and one night they tested my blood it was 2.1 they got me a cup of tea and two Bisquits, I said ghats not enough told tough.
Handy I had glucose tabs, if I died that night I wonder what would be on the death certificate ?????
So what blood sugar lowering medication did they give you?

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2
In fact I was transferd from the hospital where I had my opp to another on same grounds at 11pm because I was not coming round properly, they just took no notice of my Diabetes like it don’t Matter.
They will want to do my other knee one day, not if I can help it they won’t.

Reactions: dbr10

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They just did not understand Diabetes at all
Maybe I'm missing something here.. but you say you usually inject insulin to keep your blood sugars down. They took away your insulin and gave you regular metformin but you still managed to get blood sugars of 2.1? How?

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe I'm missing something here.. but you say you usually inject insulin to keep your blood sugars down. They took away your insulin and gave you regular metformin but you still managed to get blood sugars of 2.1? How?
Antibiotics mainly