Test strips not available for handset that bluetooths to pump!

andi140373

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is anyone else on the Accu-chek combo? I went to collect my test strips today and was told that they have not been available for a few weeks and that there is currently no return date due to distribution problems. GP says they can’t do anything and that she wouldn’t know what to do even if she could. Left messages on the voice mail of pump care and diabetic nurses at the hospital so hoping someone will get back to me.
If this has been a known problem for several weeks, why have pump users not been contacted to arrange alternatives? I tried to explain to the GP why ‘swapping metres’ wasn’t the solution but she admitted she didn’t understand how it worked. I’ve left with a new metre and test strips so I can at least know my BG but now have to do all the calculations for five different time blocks with ratios like 1.75:1. Day off today so going to try and set up an excel spreadsheet to do it for me. It won’t take into account corrections so will have to use best judgement for that!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have the accu check aviva expert blood tester. Went to get the script on Friday, no test strips. Had a call yesterday and they had delivery of the strips. Took my chemist the weekend to get them

andi140373

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have the accu check aviva expert blood tester. Went to get the script on Friday, no test strips. Had a call yesterday and they had delivery of the strips. Took my chemist the weekend to get them
Mine have been trying for two weeks - apparently it’s a national problem but some areas have managed to get small deliveries. Accu chek website says they hope the problem will ease in the coming weeks!

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Accu-Chek Customer Careline: 0800 701 000 (UK) or 1 800 709 600 (ROI)
Accu-Chek Pump Careline: 0800 731 2291 (UK) or 1 800 882 351 (ROI).

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
No a good situation especially if you are a pump user :(

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Call Accu Check, they are supplying strips directly to pump users until the supply chain is up an running again.

andi140373

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks all. Hospital phoned back and Accu Chek are sending some out 1 box of 50 and I can ring back in three days and request some more. Makes me wonder why they can’t send them to chemists this way.

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been trying to get my prescription for the last 2 weeks, in urgent cases Roche will send out some emergency stock but they don’t know when all the stock will be replaced

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI ALL
yes this is aproblem spoke to Acc - CHEK about an hour ago will send 50 strips by post , but like most on this forum called in docs pharmacey this morning still unable to get them .
so it looks like hand to mouth , .ok so i know i will use min of 4 per day ,but if i have high/low blood sugars can go to 6/8 per day 50 do me for ten day .s
as peaple say is a job to work out if useing a pump other make strips ie NEXUS/TRUE /ONE TOUCH TELL YOU WHAT does it make us think if they we to say go back on syringe heck what would hbac1 be,.
then did make the guy laught at the supplys as i said it was bad as the TRAINS as he was haveing trouble with them being late . then look at what they tell us about the NHS .SCHOOLS. DOCTORS . TEACHERS ,TRAIN DRIVERS MENTAL HEALTH .SCHOOL TRANSPORT AND LAST POT HOLES the last item ,has cost me £ 450-00 tohave new instument panel ref worked and fitted i now where i did IT 1 am on new years eve and the holes have still not been done have been reported but suffolk cc have no money only for wages
have a good day ,vic 61years on insulin