Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was 4.1 at bed time so had a few carbs as didn't fell so good was then 5.6 on waking. yesterday and last night was not a good time for me.

Had appointment with neurologist who want's me to increase my steroids again not too happy with that then had blood test and now have huge bruise on arm and when took hem dressing off the plaster took an inch or two of skin with it not a happy bunny .

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 today. Slightly up which reflects the small white roll I ate with yesterday's ploughmans lunch. As my next HBA1C isn't for 6 months I'm going to do a few food trials for about 8 weeks. This small roll was extremely delicious especially when I slapped lashings of lovely butter on it but after 2 hours I was at 8.7 from 5.4. It went back down to 4.2! Think I will just have the butter next time :)

Was it a white roll?

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

shirleyannco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7. Not on any medication self funding Freestyle Libre which I find really helps me keep within my parameters I follow a low carb diet with occasional treats I think it would really help if the sensor was more readily available surely it would save money in the future to keep individuals as healthy as possible

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it a white roll?
Yes as no other option. It was a test. I'm trying to see if I can find out just how IR I am. We are all different so I can't really put it out there as a question to fellow diabetics.

Reactions: xfieldok

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes as no other option. It was a test. I'm trying to see if I can find out just how IR I am. We are all different so I can't really put it out there as a question to fellow diabetics.
I'm in a similar place to you. I had an unexpected HbA1c test this morning. I am still booked in for a lab test towards the end of June so until then I will continue to be careful, then I have a whole list of foods I want to check out. Can't wait!