Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
At the end of the day it is quality of life that trumps everything else. Congratulations on improving yours.

Now I have to give myself a stern talking to and remember that jealousy is not an attractive quality :D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Viv0147 do you still take metformin?
I cannot wait to return to it.
A 2st weight loss does help from metformin. I've been off it months now.
But until then I force myself to walk, even in pain. My walking is getting worse, not better. Dihydrocodeine causes me inflammation. On less ibuprofen I can see and feel the difference.

A great success for you @Viv0147. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
At the end of the day it is quality of life that trumps everything else. Congratulations on improving yours.

Now I have to give myself a stern talking to and remember that jealousy is not an attractive quality :D
I'm jealous too.
I took walking soooo much for granted. Booking a mobility scooter yesterday brought my difficulties right in my face. I never thought, I, me, would have to do this. I know only temporary so I guess that's helping. At least, it had better be.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm jealous too.
I took walking soooo much for granted. Booking a mobility scooter yesterday brought my difficulties right in my face. I never thought, I, me, would have to do this. I know only temporary so I guess that's helping. At least, it had better be.

Aye, lass. You don't miss things 'til they're gone. Chin up, by this time next year you could be doing marathons!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Psychologist (diabetes one) today has lifted my spirits. She feels my mental health has improved. We did a questionnaire to prove it. I remember how I was feeling on my last one.
I'm feeling very refreshed and on decent food for a change. My diet helps with my mood, to want to walk (even in pain).
I can see a brighter walking future, thanks to @Guzzler's encouragement too. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm so thankful to @Viv0147 for posting this. :) :) :)
I will definitely keep it in mind now. :)

exjersey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done. My leg pains I have been putting down to my arthritis, but maybe it's my T2D!
I'm trying not to take metformin even though the DNs seem determined to put me on it!
I have lost over 10% of my original weight on the HFLC diet, so hope this will help. My walking is so bad and painful at the moment, I've started to think I need motorized help

exjersey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I didn't know T2D could affect legs. Mine are so painful I'm thinking of buying some kind of motorized walking aid.

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
It was only 3 years ago that to be able to walk without pain was impossible 20 yards and then the pain set in, I would have to stop and rest then try to go a little further before the pain set in.
I was suffering from (diabetes 2) I am a male I was 17 Stone 3 Lbs aged 67 years and the fear of amputation and losing my sight became very real!
I live alone in an upstairs flat I knew if something bad happened I would have to move out of my flat which I love, and my prospects of a good life were going to go down the drain! It frightened me so much I changed my lifestyle, and after doing quite a lot of research I decided to go on a low carb high-fat diet without exercise because of the pain.
Well move on 3 years diabetes has reversed, I am no longer on medication and at the age of 70 (11stone 12 Lbs), I walk along the promenade 1.2 miles every morning without any pain weather permitting breathing in the sea air. If not I have a mini exercise bike so I do 30 minutes on that while watching the telly lol I really hope this story will encourage whoever is feeling a bit down you can beat diabetes! Effort yes, without doubt, rewards wonderful. Good Luck

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Good morning everyone.
Very well done. The walk on the prom sounds brilliant and a real reward for all your hard work! I once heard exercise, particularly walking, described as WD40 for the joints!
I went Nordic walking on Wednesday after a long lay off after falling down some stairs. It felt brilliant!

Reactions: Prem51

Rhino54

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done. This is the most inspirational post I have read. I live near the sea and in a first floor flat I am going to try and follow your wise action. Thank you for posting this.

I live alone in an upstairs flat I knew if something bad happened I would have to move out of my flat which I love, and my prospects of a good life were going to go down the drain! It frightened me so much I changed my lifestyle, and after doing quite a lot of research I decided to go on a low carb high-fat diet without exercise because of the pain.
Well move on 3 years diabetes has reversed, I am no longer on medication and at the age of 70 (11stone 12 Lbs), I walk along the promenade 1.2 miles every morning without any pain weather permitting breathing in the sea air. If not I have a mini exercise bike so I do 30 minutes on that while watching the telly lol I really hope this story will encourage whoever is feeling a bit down you can beat diabetes! Effort yes, without doubt, rewards wonderful. Good Luck[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Prem51

reikideed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Swimming
Absolutely providential in my timing of reading of this inspirational post -thank you so much Viv. At present, my legs and feet ache constantly, and feet cramp up, feeling like they're on fire (I also was trying to blame this partly on osteoarthritis). Walking more than a few hundred yards is becoming rapidly less of an option. Now, I have a wonderful example to follow, and I will seriously follow the LCHF diet which has only seen half hearted starts and restarts for the last year and more.
I too am lucky to have a great seafront only 10 minutes' drive away and will get myself down there at least five times a week without fail. Also our local cemetery is beautiful and tranquil so I'll get up there too for longer and longer walks. I am more or less retired, but am kept fairly busy with seven grandchildren. However, mobility is causing child-care to become less safe, as I couldn't possibly run after a toddler at the moment!
Thank you again dear Viv. You have shown how vision, character and sheer grit can bring you back out on top, and I send heartfelt congratulations to you.
I will report back if I may as I really need someone to be answerable to.
Wishing Good Luck to all those who are like me, inspired by Viv and other 'trailblazers' to make that huge commitment to turn around their diagnosis/prognosis.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Viv0147 wow what an inspirational story sounds like you’re reversing ageing too as well as diabetes! Well done

Reactions: Viv0147

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
@Viv0147 do you still take metformin?
I cannot wait to return to it.
A 2st weight loss does help from metformin. I've been off it months now.
But until then I force myself to walk, even in pain. My walking is getting worse, not better. Dihydrocodeine causes me inflammation. On less ibuprofen I can see and feel the difference.

A great success for you @Viv0147. :)
Hi no my medication has stopped I was taking Metformin 500/ 2 in the morning and 2 at night now Zero

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It was only 3 years ago that to be able to walk without pain was impossible 20 yards and then the pain set in, I would have to stop and rest then try to go a little further before the pain set in.
I was suffering from (diabetes 2) I am a male I was 17 Stone 3 Lbs aged 67 years and the fear of amputation and losing my sight became very real!
Well move on 3 years diabetes has reversed, I am no longer on medication and at the age of 70 (11stone 12 Lbs), I walk along the promenade 1.2 miles every morning without any pain weather permitting breathing in the sea air. If not I have a mini exercise bike so I do 30 minutes on that while watching the telly lol I really hope this story will encourage whoever is feeling a bit down you can beat diabetes! Effort yes, without doubt, rewards wonderful. Good Luck
Wonderful story well done.

Reactions: Viv0147