Greek yoghurt or Greek style?

P

pollensa

Is there a difference? I think there is with taste. I had Greek yoghurt and actually enjoyed it given that I am not into yoghurt but the Greek style seems not as nice. Well to me anyway.

Yogurts are complicated, it seems they are OK to enjoy whether pre or diabetic range, with caution? the preferred ones are natural not fruit as there is too much sugar in fruit yogurts.

Now here comes the complication, whether Greek authentic, and/or Greek style or natural so many different names brands,and all saying natural, Fage, states 0% total, now one would ASSUME that would include 0% but not the case it actually has approx 3.8% sugars if we go by the info on the tub? Never assume and presume is the order of the day.

If we are not to eat sugars, its very difficult even with NATURAL no fruit style yogurts to get ANY YOGURT out there which has 0% sugars? Supposedly the greek has high fat and the one recommended to go for?? however, the question continues, high fat surely will ad to high cholesterol, so it all gets terribly confusing at the end of the day.

Whatever you enjoy more, just ensure the motto of the day is choose one that is lowest in sugars, and good luck, as dont know about UK, but here in Mallorca its absolutely not possible to get any yogurt with 0% sugars, it boils down moderation is the name of game, eat our yogurts, but depending on sugar content, take it from there.

If one has time, machine and able, perhaps making ones own yogurt is the best choice of all, but who has the time these days, so come all you yogurt producers on the market and on supermarket shelves, think about pre or diabetic people, how about someone producing a Yogurt 0% sugar??????

verdesca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
none. very easy going
for me it's simple, it's all about marketing. Greek is real, Greek Style isn't

Reactions: Sani Thomas

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a region naming thing like wine, where you are not allowed to call "champagne" champagne if it's not made in France for example

So if Greek yoghurt is not made in Greece, it has to be called Greek Style.

I do not know if this correct but it seems logical to me.

You are correct.

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Is there a difference? I think there is with taste. I had Greek yoghurt and actually enjoyed it given that I am not into yoghurt but the Greek style seems not as nice. Well to me anyway.
I totally agree, I adore Greek yogurt and hate Greek style xx

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Think you are right as I bought Greek yoghurt style a few weeks ago and the sugar and carbs were higher than Greek yoghurt..I like the total full fat greek yoghurt
Good morning all. I have Greek style yoghurt with berries and granola ( home made low carb)for breakfast every morning and have tried loads of different ones. My absolute favourite is Yeo Valley and as it's live you can use it as a starter for making your own. Good luck with finding a favourite!

Reactions: hankjam

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Good morning all. I have Greek style yoghurt with berries and granola ( home made low carb)for breakfast every morning and have tried loads of different ones. My absolute favourite is Yeo Valley and as it's live you can use it as a starter for making your own. Good luck with finding a favourite!
Would love the recipe for your homemade Granola, please x

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Would love the recipe for your homemade Granola, please x
Hello. I'm sorry but I've only just got back to this. Here's the link to the site where I found it. https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/grain-free-granola
You really do have to stand over it and turn it as it burns very easily. I make the quantity given and it lasts at least a month, longer if my husband shares it. There's also a granola bar recipe on the site which is good for snacks when were going walking. Again apologies for such a long delay.

Reactions: dbr10

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Hello. I'm sorry but I've only just got back to this. Here's the link to the site where I found it. https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/grain-free-granola
You really do have to stand over it and turn it as it burns very easily. I make the quantity given and it lasts at least a month, longer if my husband shares it. There's also a granola bar recipe on the site which is good for snacks when were going walking. Again apologies for such a long delay.
Oh thank you so much for the recipe..This kind of food is right up my street. I so miss Granola and plain yogurt with some raspberries in. Thank you for this. I will deffo be making this xx

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
No, I only have a sprinkle but it wouldn't if you had a bowlful.......tempting sometimes!
Just realised why you said Magic! Shows the benefits of proof reading before posting!!!

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have this with yoghurt and a few berries most mornings at the moment, love it. Also make my own version of the granola bars, with extra butter to help it hang together.