What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, I hope your all doing as well, as you expect to be doing, with the help of this Forum, as it does work!!!

I'm a bit confused about my BGL's at present?

I usually go to bed at about 23.00 hrs each night, then I wake each morning about 05.00 to 06.00 hrs and I test my BGL's at this time and they are usually in the 8's or occasionally 9's. But this morning when I woke at 05.40 hrs I had no test strips, so I went back to bed until about 08,30 hrs when I was able to get some more test strips but my BGL's were the same, is this normal?
My BGL's this morning at 08.30 hrs were 8.2, this is the 5th day in a row that they have been in this group, so I just have to plod along!!!

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@alf_Josiah I read the earlier post and knowing a little of your main concerns was tempted to offer an explanation but you have very eloquently done the job.
I agree that chasing low numbers for their own sake is a fool's errand. Personally, bg levels are one warning light on my health dashboard. I am after the full panoply shining nice and green and moving the dial on bg seems to be doing that job. More bloods around June 15-20 should give me an idea of where to go next but it is the whole picture I am after not bg in isolation. My instinct is that the more "woke" posters are on the same wavelength. Anyhow, them's my onions:)

Yes I think I’m with you both but I am sort of chasing the low numbers- I want to reverse this condition and manage it for as long as I can with diet. I don’t want to incur the damage to my organs that you get with higher numbers and rises. I want to get between 4 and 7 as an average thing, like a non diabetic would. I’ve gone from being totally blasé about what I eat to caring about fibre, cholesterol ( still a mysterious mine field but the haze is clearing) etc. I feel for you Alf if Diabetes is not the main thing- just a sideline- coz it’s a massive deal all by itself. We all have our own fight and you do yours with great fun and humour that make others fight a little more bearable. Thanks.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today which makes my day start with a smile. Had such a low reading yesterday before dinner. 3.3 (not on meds so wasn't too worried but only had that reading once before). I was wondering if this was my opportunity to had a slap up chinese and still have reasonable readings after!!! :)

I had bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and painted all day with only water to drink so that's probably the reason. That said I've had periods without food before but it hasn't gone that low so who knows!!!

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
My readings stayed in the 5's all of yesterday, but I got a little hungry, due to having my last meal at 3.30pn ... so had a square of Lindt and a handful of nuts for a quick supper. Hmmm ... cured the hunger, but my first reading this morning was 6
I'm not really complaining ... it's great to stay so low (for me) but I do so love a 5 something in the mornings.
Hope you ll have a super week ... :D

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, 5.1 for me today. Didnt manage to stay in the 5s ( 2h post) yesterday. But managed a very good average of 5.4. So i would say that the excercise regime is showing dividends. Raining here, damp start. Have a good week.