Lost weight - getting worried :(

madfish69

Hi,

Recently, I seemed to have lost weight without trying, but as I didn't have a scale at home I wasn't sure of what change had occurred. Others commented that I've lost weight and my trousers/clothes gave me a hint that I've lost some weight which I'm not sure can be explained.

Anyway, doc told me to keep a weekly check on my weight and see how it goes. Well I got a scale and while of course the weight fluctuates through the day and evening etc at least according to the scales I've lost around 0.5kg in about a week (I'm comparing checking my weight at the same time with the same clothes on, so I think an accurate comparison.

I'm getting rather worried and stressing out quite a lot about it. I have type 2 for 10 years and I'm sure it's not related and my results are good.

The only thing is my white blood cell count is 10.2 so just over the max and I have to redo the test in a month's time. Meaning body seems to be fighting something.

Recently I've also suffered for 2 months from lower back pain probably sciatica, but that has improved quite a bit compared to what it was before.

I have gastric problems as well, but have been ok for a while although the past few days I've got it again, nothing too bad though.

It's the weight loss of which frankly I wasn't even aware of as such, but now that I'm aware and the scales showing having gone down by over half a kilo in a week that's freaking me out.

I do have my appetite though and don't feel anything else as such. I hope this isn't necessarily a sign for the big scary stuff! Any ideas to possible explanations?

Thank you to anyone who responds :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight can go up and down by a couple of kilos a day depending on food and it's "progress" through the body as well as water retention. Are you trying to loose or trying to gain ?

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
A couple of pounds is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: madfish69

madfish69

My weight can go up and down by a couple of kilos a day depending on food and it's "progress" through the body as well as water retention. Are you trying to loose or trying to gain ?

Thanks for your reply! I'm actually not particularly "trying" to do anything. I'm just feeling alarmed at some unexplained weight loss and why last week thursday I was 65.7kg and in 5 days I'm at 65kg....I lost a few kilos in the past month I think as well..... although because I wasn't even conscious of it and neither did have scales/measured anything I don;t know what I've lost. I'm eating the same-ish quantity of food.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your reply! I'm actually not particularly "trying" to do anything. I'm just feeling alarmed at some unexplained weight loss and why last week thursday I was 65.7kg and in 5 days I'm at 65kg....I lost a few kilos in the past month I think as well..... although because I wasn't even conscious of it and neither did have scales/measured anything I don;t know what I've lost. I'm eating the same-ish quantity of food.
Like blood sugars, cholesterol levels and probably insulin levels weight is in a constant state of flux. If you start loosing pounds in a short space of time it maybe a cause of concern but a pound or two up and down is certainly nothing to worry about.

Reactions: madfish69