logging in on main site

D

Deleted member 308541

No worries. When the forum is wading insludge like tonight, it can be difficult to differentiate between sludge impact and a potential defect.
I some times wonder when the forum slows to crawl, whether it is under a "denial of service" attack from the spammers, or others with a cause to be as obnoxious as possible.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I some times wonder when the forum slows to crawl, whether it is under a "denial of service" attack from the spammers, or others with a cause to be as obnoxious as possible.

Sometimes it's nothing more than the back-up routine reacting differently.

(For the record, I haven't been onformed what might be impacting tonight. It's rather early for the regular spammers, tonight.)

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
experiencing similar issues, seems allright just right now, please also note that I have time differences (currently GMT+ 2), assuming it is a site partial update & maintenance

Last edited:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
The DCUKiD button should work if you try it, @ally1 - I hope.

To clarify ally, on your mobile do you use the app or browser? I'm happy to raise these issues for you.
Have tried with the DCUK ID button with no luck on both mobile and tablet.
Can only access forum via Facebook on my tablet. With my mobile, can,t get anywhere with logging in and use the browser

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm having to go round in cyber circles to log in, but do get there. A bit irritating though.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - Just a bit of an update on thes issues last night.

During the evening, there were some new files being uploaded to the server which is what impacted the forum pace. For me, it's been back to it's more usual pace all day, but if anyone is still finding it slower than usual, please shout.

For those who had log in issues last night, have they resolved themselves now?

@ally1 - If you want to log into the site directly again, as opposed to via Facebook (great resourcefulness by the way. I'd never have thought of that!), then please log out and then tryi logging back in again. It should work, but if it doesn't please shout.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Guys - Just a bit of an update on thes issues last night.

During the evening, there were some new files being uploaded to the server which is what impacted the forum pace. For me, it's been back to it's more usual pace all day, but if anyone is still finding it slower than usual, please shout.

For those who had log in issues last night, have they resolved themselves now?

@ally1 - If you want to log into the site directly again, as opposed to via Facebook (great resourcefulness by the way. I'd never have thought of that!), then please log out and then tryi logging back in again. It should work, but if it doesn't please shout.
Logged out if Facebook. Tried to log in again with normal way and no I still can,t log in.
The usual login part is still not there. Oh ****** lol

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ally1 - Did you try the red button, which might display a different screen, asking you for your user name and password?

Sorry if it feels like I'm harrassing you, but you actually get slightly less functionality, in terms of managing your account and settings if you log in using Facebook, as opposed to directly.

If it's still an issue, I'll pass it back to the techies again.

Last edited:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Yes I have tried that. Every time I get DCUK ID
And when I put my username and password, it says to register on the other site.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have tried that. Every time I get DCUK ID
And when I put my username and password, it says to register on the other site.

Thanks @ally1 - I've asked the techies to have another look for you, but at least in the meantime you're able to be on with Facebook.. The techies won't be in the office until tomorrow, so nothing will change until at least then.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Thanks @ally1 - I've asked the techies to have another look for you, but at least in the meantime you're able to be on with Facebook.. The techies won't be in the office until tomorrow, so nothing will change until at least then.
Thank you