Magnificent May Fast!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
And they reckon that the 48 hour mark is the hardest.. you have smashed it out of the park.. well done sir!
Only getting better from here...
Thanks for the encouragement. Meetings will get in the way of the workouts tomorrow so I will not push the exercise so much. It will be a mind game to do 3 days, but I think I will go for it.

Reactions: ianpspurs and rom35

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I should have done this at 3 pm

BG 3.9
Ketones 3.2

That’s all folks!
How are you feeling, and how long so far, it's going well by the looks of it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey All, Here goes! I have to preface my post with a "I have BGs envy of all you folks who are below 7:)" You will see why when I lay bare my soul!!:) I need to remember that I have an injured knee and pain is +++ most of the time, I have a messed up metabolism thanks to chemo years ago, etc. etc.! I know , I know by now you are like "enough already!!" (By the way my granddaughter ended up in Emerg for 7 hrs yesterday due to her "flu" as was dehydrated and they wouldn't let her come home until she was able to keep antiemetic and some fluids in her tummy. She was chipper on the phone this morning though:))

NOW I will reveal!!

Doing 24 hr fast with OMAD around 6p.m. Reduced Metformin to 1- 500 tab in p.m. Reduced BP med by 1/2

Monday:

BS 0630 11.5
0800 9.6
1100 7.7
1230 7.1
1430 7.4
1800 6.5 ac supper
2000 8.5 2 hr pc supper
2200 8.6

Intake
0800 2 Bullet coffees with meds We always put salt in our coffee grounds - enhances flavor!
1230 Ginger & Tumeric tea
1500 2 Bullet coffees
1800 50gm of Edamame/Mung Bean pasta with homemade pasts sauce/ground beef, Parm cheese Also 1/4c yogurt with 1/2 c strawberries
Lots of water throughout day as I actually enjoy water:)

BP 126/70 P 72

Exercise: Took dog for painful two block walk.....not good for me - good for her:)

Having trouble with computer - chat later!! Keep up the good work everybody! Cheers/L

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
How are you feeling, and how long so far, it's going well by the looks of it.
Just did some measurements (1923 hrs) before training weights:

FBG 4.0
Ketones 3.5

feel great fasting for 1 Day 21 hours 51 mins

onwards and onwards

Reactions: thepolly

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all fasting!
21:00 - 48 hours !! First fast in my life...

22.5.2018 second day
5:00 21:00
BG: 4.6 4.0
Ket: 0.3 0.4
BP: 130/82 131/80
WGHT: 91.9 kg 90.5 kg
Fat: 25.1%. 23.8%
Visc. f.: 11 10
BMI: 27.3

No noticeable ketones elevation :-(
60 minutest at gym - 4.5 km of brisk walk, stretching
No hunger all day. So far so good ... Let’s go for next 24 hours

@bulkbiker After taking the salt with water the urination stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: thepolly

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry late had a lie in this morning..!

Starting figs:
FBG 5.8
Ketones 0.3 ! hmmm no idea why so low
Weight 214.4 pounds 97.25kg
Body Fat 27%
Visceral Fat 13
BMI 29.1
Hiya. Im fairly new to diabetes. But arent ketones supposed to be under 0.3?? id like to understand that better

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya. Im fairly new to diabetes. But arent ketones supposed to be under 0.3?? id like to understand that better
Leanne - Before anyone clarifies things, could you confirm which type of diabetes you have? That can make a difference.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Depends.. if you are aiming for nutritional ketosis then no.
If you are a Type 1 trying to avoid ketoacidosis (a very different beast) then high ketones with high blood sugars are not good.
But high for Type one's is usually 3 plus
My highest has been 6.1 but that was with very low blood sugars so not a problem.

Reactions: LeanneSpain.

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Leanne - Before anyone clarifies things, could you confirm which type of diabetes you have? That can make a difference.

My gp says type2. One diabetic nurse says type1 another nurse says type2. So yeh I dunno and they don’t seem to either

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends.. if you are aiming for nutritional ketosis then no.
If you are a Type 1 trying to avoid ketoacidosis (a very different beast) then high ketones with high blood sugars are not good.
But high for Type one's is usually 3 plus
My highest has been 6.1 but that was with very low blood sugars so not a problem.

Ok. Was curious,sounded odd but understood now

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My gp says type2. One diabetic nurse says type1 another nurse says type2. So yeh I dunno and they don’t seem to either

OK. Thands for that. The reason I asked is for T1, or T2s taling certain strong meds, there is a chance of a condition called ketoacidosis, which is a seriously nasty condition. For T2s, not taking those drugs and eating a diet generally low in carbs, they can achieve a state called nutritional ketosis, which is not an issue.

Are you testing your bloods, and testing for ketones too?

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK. Thands for that. The reason I asked is for T1, or T2s taling certain strong meds, there is a chance of a condition called ketoacidosis, which is a seriously nasty condition. For T2s, not taking those drugs and eating a diet generally low in carbs, they can achieve a state called nutritional ketosis, which is not an issue.

Are you testing your bloods, and testing for ketones too?

Yes. Testing both

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Final FBG before breaking fast was 5.9. Wonder if I had a liver dump while I was tidying the house this evening. Still under 6 (marginally!) so still better than before.

Another fast tomorrow, depending on how I feel it may be 16:8 or another 24 hour.

Edit: I actually didn't end up eating for another hour after posting this, and when testing then, I was back down to 5.5.

Last edited:

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Hey All, Here goes! I have to preface my post with a "I have BGs envy of all you folks who are below 7:)" You will see why when I lay bare my soul!!:) I need to remember that I have an injured knee and pain is +++ most of the time, I have a messed up metabolism thanks to chemo years ago, etc. etc.! I know , I know by now you are like "enough already!!" (By the way my granddaughter ended up in Emerg for 7 hrs yesterday due to her "flu" as was dehydrated and they wouldn't let her come home until she was able to keep antiemetic and some fluids in her tummy. She was chipper on the phone this morning though:))

NOW I will reveal!!

Doing 24 hr fast with OMAD around 6p.m. Reduced Metformin to 1- 500 tab in p.m. Reduced BP med by 1/2

Monday:

BS 0630 11.5
0800 9.6
1100 7.7
1230 7.1
1430 7.4
1800 6.5 ac supper
2000 8.5 2 hr pc supper
2200 8.6

Intake
0800 2 Bullet coffees with meds We always put salt in our coffee grounds - enhances flavor!
1230 Ginger & Tumeric tea
1500 2 Bullet coffees
1800 50gm of Edamame/Mung Bean pasta with homemade pasts sauce/ground beef, Parm cheese Also 1/4c yogurt with 1/2 c strawberries
Lots of water throughout day as I actually enjoy water:)

BP 126/70 P 72

Exercise: Took dog for painful two block walk.....not good for me - good for her:)

Having trouble with computer - chat later!! Keep up the good work everybody! Cheers/L
they are good results. I could be completely wrong that Edamame/Mung Bean pasta seems to be high in carbs?

That might explain the pp BG highs

Reactions: ianpspurs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did your GP give you both meters to test your blood?

Rab, if Leanne's team think there is the chance she could be T1, it's important she's testing bloods and can also test ketones.